dxomark.com crowns ip6 gold standard of cameras

C. Robert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
Very close results, so no big difference regarding cameras.
They do say that the 6 shows luminance noise visible in low light conditions but other than that no much difference at all. Shows that camera is a big difference if your not buying an iPhone but not enough to justify the jump up to a larger phone.

macmacguy

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2014
They do say that the 6 shows luminance noise visible in low light conditions but other than that no much difference at all. Shows that camera is a big difference if your not buying an iPhone but not enough to justify the jump up to a larger phone.
It depends from person to person. Anyway, the camera is just one of the features of the phone, it depends how much influence it have on your choice.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
The iphone 6+ is super crisp and color contrast is amazing. It trumps my contrast in rMini hands down.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
All this chasing higher spec war is nonsense. Look what it did to PC's. Apple need to stick to its business model and we need to support them, or else we end up with android garbage.

----------

I had no idea perforce was a word.
I would prefer the smooth efficient ecosystem of apple vs. spec greedy crapsung fandroids that's irritatingly annoying.

Lulz strong aware @ perforce

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2014

C. Robert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
The fact is that the camera is bad. Maybe all cell phone cameras are bad, I don't know, but the iPhone 6 camera blurs details because of overuse of noise reduction.
Proof? Any thorough test done with every smartphone camera and point and shoot in existence will do. Anything else is throw up coming out of someone's mouth.

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
Proof? Any thorough test done with every smartphone camera and point and shoot in existence will do. Anything else is throw up coming out of someone's mouth.
Countless photos on this forum? Macro shots are awesome. Scenery shots are meh

C. Robert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
Countless photos on this forum? Macro shots are awesome. Scenery shots are meh
So thats the scientific test? Like the guy bending the iPhone huh? Or this guy going on tv saying a phone in his pocket bent? I understand that some people like internet rumors and nonsense but dxomark are accurate, a lot more than people on macrumors.

Attachments

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
So thats the scientific test? Like the guy bending the iPhone huh? Or this guy going on tv saying a phone in his pocket bent? I understand that some people like internet rumors and nonsense but dxomark are accurate, a lot more than people on macrumors.
I don't need scientific tests to see that my 4s pics are sharper than 6 photos. I'm only talking about sceneries. And it's probably just software applying too much noise reduction. If you can't see it you're blind, no scientific(or medical) tests needed.

C. Robert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
I don't need scientific tests to see that my 4s pics are sharper than 6 photos. I'm only talking about sceneries. And it's probably just software applying too much noise reduction. If you can't see it you're blind, no scientific(or medical) tests needed.
That is nothing more than some person in a forum saying that he thinks the 4s takes better pictures. There is no subtance to it. No one knows if its opinion, trolling, deliberate lies, or real. Does that make sense? If you go through the site you notice two things. One is that there is no advertising , which means they aren't catering to anyone and second they have pictures taken and show why they are better. You basically said that you don't like it.

Last edited:

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
That is nothing more than some person in a forum saying that he thinks the 4s takes better pictures. There is no subtance to it. No one knows if its opinion, trolling, deliberate lies, or real. Does that make sense?
Nope. Cause that person ordered two pluses and is kinda expecting a raise in quality over his old 4s. Does that make sense?

Outdoor vista in Fort Davis Tx... iPhone 6 plus, processed with SnapSeed
Look at this picture and try telling me it doesn't seem that it's painted. Try me. And there are COUNTLESS examples like that. Although SOME photos look awesome, can't lie. But there is some post processing problem in certain conditions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.