Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
hi chris975d
is it possible that you can write a review about vapor pro original vs replica ?
i really want to get a pro
but ive send them email bout my problem, as they need to declare the value of the case below US$50 to send to my country.
in my country if the value of the goods more then US $50 , im gonna be charged more the n US$50 for the tax alone ! thats not including the handling and shipping :(
so i might need to go to theese "economical route" instead :)
if the quality of the case is similar and the performace too.

im liking the silver+silver with transparent insert

and i would really like to know whats the different between original and replica.

Yeah, I actually plan on doing a write up comparing the two in the next few days. Just got to find time. But feel free to ask any questions regarding them before that.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Here are a few quick photos of the "knock off" Vapor Pro Spectra from my above link. I have taken a bunch more photos for my "review" of the two, but will post the rest some time tomorrow. But these give an indicator of the quality of the case. The black/silver Vapor Pro in the first picture is a genuine Element piece, the orange/gunmetal is the knock off.

(click any photo to enlarge)

dsc0258o.jpg

dsc0262ed.jpg

dsc0264e.jpg

Kenji458

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2011
Here is another aliexpress seller that has the transparent corner part available (this one is 6 bucks cheaper at ~$37)
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-f...-Bumper-Case-for-iphone-4-4G-wholesalers.html

cheers

yep I had ordered my all silver with transparent cap from this seller and the case wouldn't even fit properly upon installing it on my phone.

the width of the inner transparent cap is too narrow to fit the metal bezel of the iphone. the transparent cap isn't transparent all the way through as there's a gold coating at the back of the cap.

in the end, had to return the case and lodge a paypal claim to get my money back.

DSC01928.jpg

DSC01925.jpg

DSC01929.jpg

--- ---
go instead for this seller though it costs slightly more, http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html.

the case and accessories' quality are much better, the speed wrench and screws are similar to elementcase's; whereas, xjd's screws are the normal cross type and the screwdriver is more simple.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.