Early 2008 Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Macnificant, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Macnificant macrumors 6502a

This has been the best computer Ive owned but the screen died. I took it into the Apple store and they thought it was a cable and something small but it turns outt he LCD screen died.

They said it would cost $400 ish to replace....not worth it.

Is there much value in selling the macbook on ebay etc with dead lcd screen?

2. simsaladimbamba

You could maybe get 100 to 200 € for that MacBook from someone collecting them for parts (logic board and such), but why not check eBay yourself to find out?

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Why is $400 not worth it? Just curious. These models have so much life in them and properly upgraded can be nice machines.

4. APhillyApple macrumors regular

I agree, its one of the best computers that I have ever had. I use it daily, it doesnt heavy lift like my iMac but its more than enough for day to day operations. If it were me I would get it fixed, you could also scour ebay to get a price for the same machine.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I would scour eBay or Craigslist for a dumped machine. (Someone selling it as broken) You can salvage components you need that way and have spares if something were to break in the future.