Easy way I found to save $100 on iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cnixon, Mar 16, 2011.

1. cnixon macrumors member

A friend notified me that HEB had coupons that gives you $20 off, every $100 you spend on gift cards.

All I had to do was walk in and buy $500 worth of Best Buy gift cards for $400. Then used the gift cards to buy my iPad.

Of course this deal may not be available in everyones area (I'm in TX), but may be worth a shot.

Best of luck finding your iPads.

-CN

2. applefan289 macrumors 68000

3. jedolley macrumors 68000

Yeah, it's an HEB promotion so it's very regional.

I already ordered my iPad, plus BB here doesn't have any. However, I did use their deal to stock up on some more iTunes gift cards.

4. kevindosi macrumors regular

wow, am i glad that i check these forums. thanks for the info! i'm sitting in a cafe next door to heb right now and am about to go buy a ton.

5. jedolley macrumors 68000

Be sure to look for the coupons. At my HEB they were hanging in on the Gift Card display. Also there are some exclusions (i.e. you can't use on HEB, Visa, or AMEX gift cards).

Here's the link to the slickdeals discussion: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=264947&t=2753199

6. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Great Deal!

Now that's a great idea! :D
    The fly in the ointment would be finding the iPad you want at Best Buy. ;)

7. sportster macrumors 6502

Great idea! I will have to keep this in mind for future purchases when they have this type of deal.