Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Hello. So I have an interesting situation.

My 4S just sold on ebay. I have it listed as "united states shipping only" etc etc. I also only allow US bidders and all that jazz.

a person bid at the last second of auction and won, which means I couldn't retract the bid, and since auction ended you can't block the person.

The person who won says their location is Ukraine. Has a 100% feedback with 3,581 points.
BUT they listed their address as a US address in New Jersey, which is how they were able to bid. So I googled the address and it's shipping company called Meest which accepts packages, then ships them off to the Ukraine/Internationally for people. http://www.meest.us/eng/index.html

I did state that I would only ship to US, with SIGNATURE REQUIRED receipt confirmation, tracking, and insurance.

what do you guys think about this? Because I would have a signature and receipt of acceptance, but once they ship it off to ukraine, that person could turn around and say it's lost, etc, which should fault that 3rd party company AFTER the fact they received it from USPS (my shipper)

Not sure what advice to give you but I an vouch that Meest is a legit company. Maybe try getting in touch with them to see if there's any relation to the buyer

Rescuer

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2009
Bay Area, CA
so I filed an ebay claim to cancel the transaction and explained that the person isn't in the united states and my auction was for US shipping only.

but instead of an ebay person viewing the claim, it sends it to the buyer...

so what does the buyer do? declines it of course, and sends the paypal payment.

then to top it off, my auction said "full payment within 48 hours" and their payment won't clear paypal till October 13th!

ebay had no options for me to appeal the claim or open a new one, so i had to physically call them on the phone to dispute it. Now the ebay dispute center is going to cancel the transaction and wave the ebay listing fees so i can relist it.

blhoward2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
So long as thats his paypal confirmed address, what do you care? Paypal covers you so long as you collect payment through them and ship to a confirmed address. I even had someone try to chargeback 3 months later a few years ago and Paypal told them to suck it because I still had a shipping receipt (thankfully).

Edit: The payment thing would be a deal breaker though, I agree.

Rescuer

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2009
Bay Area, CA
yeah, there is just no way i'm going to ship something to a 3rd party when the payment isn't even going to be available for 3 whole weeks. They'd have the phone in their hot little hands while i'm still sitting here waiting for the payment to fully clear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.