eBay Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by scjr, Jun 1, 2015.

1. scjr, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015

scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

After a couple of attempts, I found a tempered glass protector on eBay that I really like. I have no connection whatsoever with this seller. I'm just passing along my positive experience.

It's not edge to edge, but will work great for those that swap cases. Same cutouts like many of the name brands.

The glass is quality and in my opinion, I believe as good or better than Tech Armor, Zagg, etc. and you get several for a price below some of the name brands. He only sells these in lots. Install is super easy. The glass has rounded edges, it's crystal clear and touch sensitivity is great.

I purchased a lot and did some testing. I tried to scratch it and couldn't. I broke one on purpose and it shattered in small pieces, but didn't fall apart.

I chatted with the seller via text and he's super responsive. His eBay listings lists these as being manufactured in Japan.

Anyway, for the price, they are great and you can always have a few on hand. If you're interested in giving them a whirl, here's his eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Quality4you2014

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. soya macrumors 6502

soya

3. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

4. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

Because those types are edge to edge. They go all the way to the edge of the phone whereas the clear ones only stop at the end of the screen. You have to get the color that matches your phone so nobody can tell you have a screen protector on there.

5. scjr thread starter macrumors 68000

scjr

6. TonyGstring macrumors member

Anyone try out the AmazonBasics one or have experience with the maxboost or jetech?

7. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Looks nice! Is that a FDE Magpul I spy?

Kristin

8. scjr thread starter macrumors 68000

scjr

That is the one, but today I switched to my navy blue ZooGue. It looks great!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. david91 macrumors regular

10. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Nice! The navy Zoogue looks great with the white iPhone 6 Plus!

11. joekim1026 macrumors regular

I agree with the Arcadia. I recently got it for $4 USD on eBay and I love it! It fits most cases and the black border is done so well, it almost looks like I have no screen protector on my phone. Most edge to edge have a border (white or gray) around the the screen area and the holes for the sensors are very noticeable. But the Arcadia looks like you're just putting another OEM screen on top of the one you already have.

12. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

That looks good, but does it have an oleophobic coating? I've been going naked on my screen because I love the feel of the screen without a screen protector. The glass protectors I bought just didn't feel the same probably because the coating was different. How does this one feel?

13. faded03cobra macrumors regular

Just got the Arcadia in the mail. Great screen protector for the price. Easy install, looks fantastic and it's inexpensive.

14. scjr thread starter macrumors 68000

scjr

Cool!

If you can, post some pics.

15. T4R06 macrumors 65816

Maxboost is the best! It's been like 2 months now and I don't see any scratches yet. And it's thin!

16. bobright macrumors 601

17. joekim1026 macrumors regular

As far as I know, all tempered glass screen protectors have an oleophobic coating. Sorry for the late response!

18. Orlandorealtor, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015

Orlandorealtor macrumors regular

Orlandorealtor

I recieved my arcadia and followed directions, mine has bubbles I cannot get rid of, any ideas? Thanks Jerry

19. Orlandorealtor macrumors regular

Orlandorealtor

Picture

Attached Files:

20. scjr thread starter macrumors 68000

scjr

Jerry,

Did you try pushing them out to the sides?

21. Orlandorealtor, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015

Orlandorealtor

Yes but they all don't seem to want to go. Just tried again they don't want to move. I asked the ebay seller to ship me another one as this one seems defective. Never had problems putting a protector on before

22. lugworm macrumors 6502

lugworm

A couple of those bubbles look like they have a speck of dust underneath. That's enough to ruin the application.

23. Orlandorealtor macrumors regular

Orlandorealtor

No dust It was clean and installed in a dust free area.

24. Orlandorealtor macrumors regular

Orlandorealtor

The guy is sending me another one to try. Any tips on putting the Arcadia on? I have had no problems putting other protectors on. Thanks

25. Orlandorealtor, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015

Orlandorealtor

UPDATE: Received a new Arcadia protector free and it is perfect!! No bubbles at all . Recommend this, only paid 2.95 shipped on ebay![​IMG]