Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lapis

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2007
I hate it when launches are so screwed up

This is not the first time AT&T has gone down in the middle of some launch or upgrade.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
The wife has been having issues since yesterday.

The phone actually started displaying Russian and at some point came up with the "Your phone has been activated" pop up last night.

I wonder what they are doing?

Could it be an AT&T release for something to be announced today?

That sounds like it's more of an issue with your iPhone.

There is no reason for at&t to take down the network for an announcement or a release. They can't - it would be detrimental to too many people.

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
I'm having no problems here in Saline, MI (~50 miles east of Detroit). My 3G and EDGE signals are normal.

Don

christall109

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
It's been down in Cape Cod Massachusetts and the Boston area

I noticed the outage this morning on my way to school. Just thought that I had bad reseption. Didn't realize how wide spread the outage is.

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2005
spoke too soon.

Hartford, CT data network is down again...

nope its working again yet my friends iPhone is not, very odd

godmademefunky

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2009
London
iPhone 3G with 3.0 "Could not activate cellular data network"

I've been experiencing problems with my iPhone 3G recently (can't save pictures on my camera roll) then can't connect to wifi for almost a week now.. and just today 3G stopped working. I've tried resetting the network but it didn't work for me. anything else I could do? I've trying to fix these problems for 3 hours now. :mad:

thep33t

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
I've been experiencing problems with my iPhone 3G recently (can't save pictures on my camera roll) then can't connect to wifi for almost a week now.. and just today 3G stopped working. I've tried resetting the network but it didn't work for me. anything else I could do? I've trying to fix these problems for 3 hours now. :mad:

Holy thread resurrection batman!!!

Foamer

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
I am in Milwaukee, WI. Anybody else having issues this morning?

Grand Haven, MI here (directly across the lake from you), and have no edge data, and since they refuse to install 3g in our very busy tourist town, we have no 3g either.

It has been acting up the past few days, and finally completely went out a couple hours ago... I am really getting fed up with this. Seems we cant go a couple weeks without an outage.

Our edge also goes out every single weekend due to the massive amount of tourists overloading the towers in the area.

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
Grand Haven, MI here (directly across the lake from you), and have no edge data, and since they refuse to install 3g in our very busy tourist town, we have no 3g either.

It has been acting up the past few days, and finally completely went out a couple hours ago... I am really getting fed up with this. Seems we cant go a couple weeks without an outage.

Our edge also goes out every single weekend due to the massive amount of tourists overloading the towers in the area.
Hey, I'm in Kalamazoo and we don't even have 3G. I would think we're the next major city in MI to get it though.

Foamer

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
Hey, I'm in Kalamazoo and we don't even have 3G. I would think we're the next major city in MI to get it though.

Holland got it a few months ago, and the service stops a measly 3 miles from Grand Haven. This coming week alone there will be over a million people in town for Coast Guard Festival. I don't see why they cannot extend 3g a couple more miles and save a ton of headaches. Heck, even better edge coverage would be good. Every single weekend here, edge goes completely out from the tourists visiting. AT&T doesn't seem to think there is a problem with that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.