Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TRONZA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2021
I've been using sooo much time trying to find the right screen protector?

The best I've seen yet is from shellrus. It offers edge to edge (or as close as they come) but can't find it in Europe. - imports and taxes on these things make them even more expensive!

I like the real feel of glass and high scratch protection while it being as thin as possible. Anyone who's found the perfect combo within those criteria?

Lyric9

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2021
I live in Europe and often order from Amazon (.com and .co.uk) and I never get charged import or VAT.... seems like Amazon fixes it on their side. However it might be different in your country. Shellrus will be one of the best, but I also found QDOS to be good.

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014
Shellrus is the only company making real sapphire protectors and they're ultra-expensive.

If you don't want to pay such a high price, Amazon (DE, FR, SP, IT, UK etc...) is loaded with edge to edge protectors. Just make sure to look at the reviews and photos people post, to make sure it's edge to edge.

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
I also live in Europe and have a Shellrus. I know shipping is expensive. But worth it. And it is here in about 2-3 days.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I also live in Europe and have a Shellrus. I know shipping is expensive. But worth it. And it is here in about 2-3 days.
I live in the US and I second this with being worth it. I didn't think I would switch back to such an expensive screen protector after using the iMOS for years, but I don't have to worry about scratching it when I'm cleaning the dirt/dust off like I did with the iCarez I got for my iPhone Xs Max.

Also, the fact that it's so much more edge to edge than other screen protectors, it's less likely to get dust/lint stuck underneath the edges if using it with a good coverage case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.