Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptainChunk

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Hopefully we can figure out what to do with the files. What is the best way to pay whoever we wind up hiring? 25% in the beginning and 75% upon completion, paying with paypal?

That's really going to depend on what the editor is comfortable with. For me personally (as an editor), it depends on the type of job.

If it's some random guy that has a bunch of tapes and needs something cut, it's half up front and the rest on final delivery, paid before final deliverables exchange hands. Many of us freelancers have been burned too many times to work on lesser terms than that.

If I'm cutting for a reputable corporate client (by reputable, I mean there's no chance the client will NOT pay me), I'll do Net-30. I have a couple of corporate clients that have always paid me Net-30 and there's never been a problem.

PayPal is usually okay with me (as long as the funds clear in my bank account), but check with your editor first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.