Education gift card.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by yakkowarner epi, Jun 20, 2011.

1. yakkowarner epi macrumors member

I thought the $100 dollar education gift would be tied to your iTunes account. Nope I just got the gift card in the mail 5 minutes ago.

Fyi, I got the education discount, the 100 dollar printer for free, and the 5% discover card discount. I had to order the computer online through the discover shop site in order to get the discount. But I should get my iMac tomorrow morning. :)

2. mackage macrumors 6502

It states that you will receive a gift card on the Apple website.

The Discover card CASHBACK is not a "discount" yet cashback you can use to buy things through discover.

3. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

Does the discover card discount apply to refurbs?

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

sounds like you have to buy through discover rather than apple.

5. yakkowarner epi thread starter macrumors member

It is cashback, but it isn't instant. It looks like there is a limit to the savings but savings is savings.
    Sorry, no referbs. Here is what they wrote.

Get the latest Mac notebooks and desktops, iPods and Apple accessories. Free iPod engraving and free shipping on orders over $50 (see Apple.com for details).

Offer not valid on gift wrap, gift card, gift certificate, iTunes, refurbished iPad, Apple One to One Membership, shipping, iPhone, iPad, or iPad 2 purchases or Apple in-store tutorial services
    Offer is not valid in combination with any other offers
    Must link to retailer site from the ShopDiscover Web page found at Discovercard.com and use your Discover Card
    Offer is subject to change, including termination, without notice
    Cashback Bonus will only be rewarded to a customer for up to five (5) products total within a 30-day window
    The promotional Cashback Bonus will be applied to your account within 8 weeks

6. jonwiggler macrumors newbie

The discover cashback does work for refurbs and is 5%. I've done it twice. You link to apple from shopdiscover within the discovercard.com website. The cashback can then we wired directly to your checking or savings account at the end of the month.

7. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

BUY gas cards

buy staples gift card at 20 for 25 bucks

buy a lands end gift card at 20 for 25 bucks.

can be used at sears or kmart.

use as cash to pay your discover card.

all of the above are facts..

I use discover card to spend about ???? dollars a year. most of which is for business. I get a lot back.

yes it works on refurbs.

8. yakkowarner epi thread starter macrumors member

I'm sorry, can't even read my own post. Ya it doesn't exclude refurbs for the imac so I'm sure you are fine.

On one note, I chatted with an apple person online and called apple. One said I could use the discover card at the store, the other had no clue and told me to talk to discover. That didn't inspire my confidence in apple's help.
    I called discover about the shop discover system and she was very knowledgeable and confident.
    If you ever have any doubt, call them. They have good customer service.