Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Accessory maker Elago is back this week with a new product announcement, this time for Apple's AirPods. The new AW6 Case fits the original AirPods and AirPods 2 (not AirPods Pro), and has Apple's signature click wheel emblazoned on its front, designed to look like the iPod.

elago-aw6-case-airpods.jpg

The AW6 Case is made of silicone and will help protect the AirPods Case from scratches and drops. Besides the click wheel, Elago's case even includes details like the iPod Classic's hold switch on the top of the case.

elago-aw6-airpods-case-4.jpg

There are two colors, including White and Black, and Elago's case allows the front-facing LED of the AirPods Wireless Charging Case to be visible. The case has a cutout for the Lightning port, and it also supports wireless charging on any Qi-compatible mat.

elago-aw6-case-airpods-1.jpg

Last month, Elago launched an AirPods case that was themed after the original Macintosh, and the company is also known for its Apple Watch stands that resemble the iPod, Mac, and an original Nintendo Game Boy.

Elago's AW6 Case for AirPods is available on the company's website and on Amazon for $11.99. On Amazon you can also buy a version that includes an attached carabiner for $12.99.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: Elago Launches New AW6 Case for AirPods Themed After Apple's iPod

AZMecha

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2015
Wow... People you're taking this way to seriously...

This is only for nostalgia & I had their air pods case duo which was Indiglo and it was way cool..

Just saying... I hope they make this for Air Pods Pro!!!!

Reactions: H3LL5P4WN

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Getting a case for your case is a little silly... that can't just be me, right?
This case is available in a keychain configuration for $1 more. This way, AirPods becomes a keychain holder and keys won’t scratch the case.

toph2toast

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
Getting a case for your case is a little silly... that can't just be me, right?

Never thought of it as a case inside a case, lol... but maybe if your in a household where more than 1 person has a pair, it would help to differentiate. Plus it adds some personality to a bland-looking product.

Unity451

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
California
Never thought of it as a case inside a case, lol... but maybe if your in a household where more than 1 person has a pair, it would help to differentiate. Plus it adds some personality to a bland-looking product.
True. I get the "skin" appeal for differentiation, but I think the term "case" is funny. Reminds me of the old xzibit meme.

• Haha
Reactions: toph2toast

TheralSadurns

Cancelled
Jul 8, 2010
Am I the only one who, at first, always reads the company as "Elgato"?! Probably because I am used to them a LOT MORE.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
RIP iPod. One of the best pieces of consumer tech ever made. If I had AirPods I wouldn't mind picking one of these up. I like to keep my white Apple stuff shiny and smooth if possible.

Reactions: H3LL5P4WN

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
True. I get the "skin" appeal for differentiation, but I think the term "case" is funny. Reminds me of the old xzibit meme.

Yo dawg, I get what you're saying, but not everyone puts their AirPods in their jeans' AirPods Pocket.

Some people put them in their bag, so it's a case in a case in a case, so you can carry what you carry while you carry.

• Haha
Reactions: Unity451

Unity451

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
California
Yo dawg, I get what you're saying, but not everyone puts their AirPods in their jeans' AirPods Pocket.

Some people put them in their bag, so it's a case in a case in a case, so you can carry what you carry while you carry.
...a bag like a briefcase, perhaps?

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
...a bag like a briefcase, perhaps?

Well in my case, a laptop bag that's cavernous enough for a second laptop, iPad, random junk, and AirPods 2 and BeatsX (both in cases).

My AirPods Pro currently go in my AirPods Pocket in my jeans only because I don't yet have a case for the case. So I can carry while I carry.

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
Cease and desist letter from Apple's lawyers for copyright infringement arriving in 3...2...1...

Unity451

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
California
Well in my case, a laptop bag that's cavernous enough for a second laptop, iPad, random junk, and AirPods 2 and BeatsX (both in cases).

My AirPods Pro currently go in my AirPods Pocket in my jeans only because I don't yet have a case for the case. So I can carry while I carry.
Well obviously the best way to carry your airpods is incased in apple's charging case that's incased in the non-apple, ipod case which is of course incased in a (not yet designed) briefcase that looks like an iPad. That'd look sharp! ...although the briefcase would probably be prone to scuffing... I hope somebody will make a case to put the briefcase in.

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
Well obviously the best way to carry your airpods is incased in apple's charging case that's incased in the non-apple, ipod case which is of course incased in a (not yet designed) briefcase that looks like an iPad. That'd look sharp! ...although the briefcase would probably be prone to scuffing... I hope somebody will make a case to put the briefcase in.

3149359_2.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.