Elegant effects for Mac OS X?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by anti-microsoft, May 20, 2007.

1. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I was wondering if there was any good effects for when you close a window or when you open one. Insted of the static apperance on screen.

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Depends on the source of the window. If you open/close from with most apps, not much effect. If from finder, there is a default zoom on open/close.

If you minimize/maximize a window, it will do the "genie" effect as it puts itself onto or off of the Dock (found in System Preferences-> Dock Minimize using:")

Not 100% sure that's what you meant, but hope it's useful for something... ;)

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

4. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Slider will do this, but I always think these minor system hacks are not worth the potential trouble.

5. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

I just tried it, its not very good and a bit tacky, IMO. Its definatley not as elegent as the Vista effect.

6. mokeyjoe macrumors member

I'm not a huge fan of effects just for the sake of them, I tend to turn them off when I can, they just slow down the UI experience. What would be nice though would be if windows faded when hidden and just disappeared when closed as at the moment there's no visual differntiation between the two actions.

7. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

Oh great. More of APE.

God, APE is going to ruin the OS X platform and leave it just like OS 9.

8. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

Whats wrong with OS 9? Let the people do what they want, its their machines.;)

9. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

I think he's implying that APE is going to render OS X's stability on par with Classic. Due to Classic's (System 6 thru Mac OS 9) notorious extension conflict problems. While I'm inclined to think that's a bit of an exaggeration, I do agree with any disdain toward APE.

But, yeah, if you want to run APE it's up to you. Just be aware that any bug reports/crash logs you send to Apple will promptly be ignored even if APE is not at fault.

10. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Newsfire has a nice slight fading effect when you quit it :) Its a pity that other developers don't use this...