Element Case for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PurpleX, Sep 16, 2012.

1. PurpleX macrumors newbie

2. Jackson743 macrumors member

Isn't there always diminished reception and GPS issues with metal cases?

3. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I have several metal cases for my iPhone 4. Also, a couple hybrid cases. I did not mind the slight signal loss for reception (never a problem for me) but they all screwed up GPS to varying degrees. Perhaps not while sitting still, but once you start driving it was all over the place. I used to use a Garmin instead of my iPhone, so this did not bother me. Now that I use the iPhone (and Navigon) for all my navigating, I reluctantly retired all of them.

4. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

That's a great looking design.

One of the best features of iPhone 5 is the exemplary antenna system.

Now, a case is truly optional.

You can use one because you want to, or you can use it without a case... Finally... Thanks Apple!

5. Jackson743 macrumors member

Thanks for the answer.

I think we all can count on dropping our phones a few times over the next couple of years. For that reason, I'll use a bumper.

6. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

Very nice case, and it only costs as much as a phone (if contract eligible)!

7. Sgt93 macrumors 6502

Sgt93

OP if you really want it to match, you can always send it in for anodizing.

8. Purplecks macrumors newbie

I contacted them, but they said they are not able to provide any information about sector for iphone 5

9. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

Damn, If that's the design of the case i'll pass. Don't like it at all.

10. junglesnake macrumors 6502

junglesnake

I bet in person it's incredible! Most of their stuff is!

11. Gonz19 macrumors regular

Got the version for the 4S. Here are some pics. Very light case in comparison to the Pro and the comp. Then again there isn't as much aluminum. Only need to remove one screw to install.

Attached Files:

12. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

13. lorenwade, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Thread number 57 on this and it's still fugly.

EDIT: OP was banned. Haha.

14. PaulChowHK macrumors regular

This company building very professional case. I buying one for iPhone 4 and it is beautiful and all my friends liking it. This one even looking better

15. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Perhaps we should get some hands on feedback before spending the dough on this one to see if there might be "slight signal loss" Present or Not Present on the new iphone 5

Exemplary Antenna System has not been proven. Hope its not like the trouble they are now having with the iOS 6 maps ;)

16. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I've never had signal loss issues with any of my Element cases. GPS has been fine as well.

17. Gonz19 macrumors regular

So far no loss whatsoever with the sector case and GPS is dead on.

18. WindWaker macrumors regular

I really hope they make the Element Comp case for the iP5 soon-- dying to get my hands on an Element case.

19. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

This is what i'm waiting for as well.

20. jbellanca macrumors 6502

Never had reception or GPS issues with mine, but it did muck with the compass... weird since aluminum's not magnetic, but it did.

21. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

any ideas when this case is going to be available. ?

22. PerPlekz macrumors member

Yesterday Element case sent out an email saying they have received their iPhones and are making sure everything fits nice

Sector 5 Update!

Today we'll receive our iPhone 5 test units! Now we can put our prototype Sector 5 cases through a series of rigorous tests to ensure that our high standards of fit, performance and appearance have been met.

We know that your standards are as high as ours, so please be patient through this key phase of development. We will keep you informed of when we will begin to ship the first Sector case.

So, sit tight - The best products are always worth the wait. More news coming soon!

(they then added this article below)
    Great article from Wired about iPhone 5 case development
    http://enews.elementcase.com/q/_G3hCq2YnytHYXnT4lCbu8nTCcRaZUQEIbieSijXJp_UQQiGmJiBU6hyT

23. mytran80 macrumors regular

looks like if u drop it face down ,the screen will shatter , the case needs a lip for screen protection

24. pwolfe macrumors member

I'm guessing by the lack of a follow up to that post that they received the prototypes and they fit like ****. I have if they got them and the fit was perfect they'd be offering them sale as soon as possible.

25. vsighi macrumors 6502

vsighi

Element case update:
    iPhone 5 Case – Sector 5 Development Update
    by ecadmin on September 25, 2012

Hello Element Case customers & fans!

The new Sector line has been in development for a long time, and the overwhelming response to the Sector 4 case has us really excited to bring you the Sector 5 for the iPhone 5. Here are the latest developments:

Friday - We received our first iPhone 5 test phones and after evaluating it, I just want to say that this phone is amazing!

Saturday - We took our new iPhone 5s to our test facility in Santa Cruz, CA, along with our prototype Sector 5 case for in depth testing technical testing.

For the most part, the iPhone 5 is what we expected and our new design was working out pretty well. But, Apple threw us a curve ball on a few items and we’ve had to make some adjustments. The biggest surprise was in the dimensions: the actual size was thinner than we expected and the buttons/ports were shifted a bit, as well.

One item in particular that is never revealed early is the antenna configuration. Without going in depth, the antenna layout of the iPhone 5 is much different from previous iPhones and our engineers have pinpointed sensitive antenna drive points that will help us optimize the design of the Sector 5.

Sunday – Element Case designers met with our engineers to make a few tweaks to the design for better fit and performance. Today, those changes were given to our machine shop and soon we’ll have a new sample Sector 5 case to test. These changes will optimize the way the Sector 5 fits, increase its performance and make it look even slimmer.

Next week – Our machine shop will prepare for production while we finalize the assembly process and review new packaging. Yes, it’s a lot of work to design and manufacture the best cases in the world, but it’s really exciting and I love the process of rolling out a new case design.

The First Edition is coming soon – are you signed up to reserve your spot in line? Loyal Element Case customers from the list will be given the first chance to order.

Sincerely,

-Jeff Sasaki, CEO