Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkpong

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2013
Limited Edition Ronin CF

photo 1.JPG

Found This on a site believed to be limited edition CF
:)

Last edited:

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
And for those who were saying the case was overpriced at retail...

Look at some recent eBay sales on this one. Note: Sales, not listings. These are actual sale prices.

Dang. Should have bought a few more, apparently.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-02 at 7.01.27 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-02 at 7.01.27 PM.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 186

ngocnguyen

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
Found This on a site believed to be limited edition CF
:)

that's hella fake...at least the CF is. Carbon fiber is usually in woven matte and then layered, especially if they are doing thick sheets (not veneer).

So if you see the CF pattern on the curved surface...you won't see the same pattern on the sides after machining. ALSO, the pattern on the curved surface is uniform. That wouldn't be possible because during machining, it's cutting away different layers of the CF...a different non-uniform pattern would show through (if it was real solid CF).

It's either Photoshopped or be water-transfer (hydrographics) applied over which would make sense that the pattern shows on all sides.

drb5

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2011
UK
Well I bought a fake from eBay. Cost £11, or around $18 and I figured I'd give it a shot...wish I hadn't.

It looks awful and fit is terrible. Should have swallowed my pride and got a genuine Sector 5, but I love wood and wouldn't pay Element's price...

heelsbigc

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2011
Wilmington, NC
I've decided I don't like the finish on the titanium caps. I've ordered a bamboo Ronin to try the polished aluminum caps with the side rails from the Ti2.

drb5

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2011
UK
Yer, I could definitely go the bamboo version, but the price is an issue for me...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.