Element Case Solace 5/5S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DowdyFick, Sep 12, 2013.

1. DowdyFick macrumors regular

Element Case has finally released a case at a more reasonable price point (subjective I know). What are your thoughts? It appears to be polycarbonate with aluminum buttons for the sleep/wake and volume buttons. Pricing is at $79.99...
    Element Case Solace
    Screen Shot 2013-09-12 at 7.08.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-09-12 at 7.08.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-09-12 at 7.08.57 AM.png

2. rjbeh macrumors regular

If they make the polycarbonate part matte clear i will definitly get it :D

3. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

You beat me to it - was just gonna post up a link!!!

Yep - these case look awesome and the fact that they are not priced too high like the majority of their other cases...!!!

4. DowdyFick thread starter macrumors regular

I'll wait until the reviews come out. I'm skeptical of polycarbonate. I can see the volume buttons wiggling if it's not precision cut.

5. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

There is a notice on their website which says they don't ship these cases until 17th September so could be a while before we see any reviews!

I always look out for Larry Greenberg's reviews on YouTube before I take the plunge...!!

6. Partridge macrumors 6502

Element Case Solace 5/5S

Looks very nice. Frankly, probably a better case than the sector or ronin in a sheer technical sense. (Weight, protection, durability, price)

I wonder how the soft touch coating will hold up. If only it was leather covered, damn.

Price point is finally about right. They're saving a ton by foregoing the premium materials and going with a single part for the rails and back.

A little odd how thick the aluminum is on the upper part. Maybe made it easier to machine than something thinner.

7. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

I want to know more about the finishes. The site doesn't say flux finish. Is the finish on the Aluminum machined and glossier? The flux silver finish is more flat and white looking. I prefer shiny. I assume the finish on the blue metallic is glossier than the satin black.
    Their Facebook image looks machined. Their site looks like flux.

8. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

Here's the Facebook image.

Attached Files:

9. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I am really tempted to order the blue version however there is 1 thing I am a little hesitant about and that is that Fed Ex charge $30 to ship back to the UK (thats almost half the price of the case itself!!)?!:eek:

That brings my total order amount to over $100 - a little too expensive to justify buying one?!:(

Anyone have any coupon codes which may discount this at all?! I also remember that on previous Element Case orders, if I add stuff to my basket and leave it in there for a few days, Element sends me a 'did you forget something' email which normally includes a discount code to entice me to complete my order!

Might leave my order in my basket and see what happens......!!

10. Partridge macrumors 6502

Might be bare metal to save $$. Maybe beadblasted or just clear ano.

11. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

Element Case responded that the Aluminum finish is mat like the "flux" finish. It sounds like not flux but similar appearance.

12. Leshita macrumors newbie

I was going to get the fake Ronin from DX-box, but will probably get a blue one of these instead to go with a Gold iPhone 5S (yes, I'm a guy getting a gold... teehee).

That $30 shipping to Canada is a big turnoff though, I really don't want to pay that. Is there anyway to waive the fee with a coupon or get this locally (I am in Vancouver)?

13. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I know exactly how you feel - its also $30 to ship to me here in the UK! Hoping for a coupon code from Element (see my earlier post above)!

14. Warcake macrumors regular

Oh wow, the red one is crazy sexy. Definitely getting this one as soon as it hits my usual retailer.

15. Sheldonsmith macrumors regular

Sheldonsmith

If it is anything like my son's Element Case for his Galaxy, it should be cool. Too bad Element did not start out with these more reasonable priced cases.

Looks like a great value/case for the iPhone 5s...

16. LostAggie macrumors 6502

I really like but am concerned with the camera cutout (dual flash assembly).

17. LostAggie macrumors 6502

It looks like this may not be made in USA. It says designed in California. Not going to pay $80 for it if that is true.

18. Gonz19 macrumors regular

They are located in Cali and they are made in the US.

19. LostAggie macrumors 6502

Other cases say made in the USA except this one it says designed in California.

20. Partridge macrumors 6502

Good point. Both the Rogue and the Solace say Designed in California. Hmm.

21. LostAggie macrumors 6502

I sent them a message asking...

22. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

They don't make their plastic cases in the USA. Just the aluminum parts and premium cases like the Ronin and Sector 5.

23. hidefguy macrumors 6502

It's hard to tell from the pictures but does anyone know if the back piece is separate like the Sector and Ronin cases?

24. LostAggie macrumors 6502

The video on their website seems to indicate the sides and back are one piece.

25. hidefguy macrumors 6502

Thanks. That's what I was thinking also, I really want to get this but not if the sides and back are one piece.