ElementCase Vapor Pro Royal Purple

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lgreenberg, Mar 1, 2012.

1. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

The video will be up tomorrow morning but here are some pictures - sorry the quality isn't great - they were rushed.

The Flux finish is amazing.

Attached Files:

2. JMies419 macrumors 6502

Looks very nice! I wish they would make a dark green case like this!

3. EBWing macrumors newbie

I ordered one and will be here Tuesday, if anyone wants anything from element case use this to get 20% off your order:

ecmj20off12

4. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

Looks awesome. That coupon code does not work.

5. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

6. Pez555 macrumors 68020

Pez555

used to love these cases, however i went off them because it made the screen look much smaller, pretty weird huh!

7. dsquared81, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012

dsquared81 macrumors 6502

Looks awesome Larry! Purple is my favorite color

8. EBWing macrumors newbie

Weird??? I just went to elementcase.com again and added this case to my cart and applied code "ecmj20off12" and it worked and deducted $26?? Try it again and make sure the code is right and maybe create a different account with a different email address and try the code. If you have purchased something in the past with a coupon they will sometimes block it on the second coupon attempt.

9. krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

I oredered a case last week from Element on I think Thursday and the codes were not working. But they had some automatic 5% off on top of $10 off on my purchase. So was only a couple dollars difference. But the above code was not working that day tried it 3 times.

----------

Also I would love this case. As it is same color almost as my 72 Chevelle. But I was previously using a http://karaskustoms.com/apple/iphone-4g/iphone-4g.html case but even though it didn't wrap around the antenna band it still degraded signal 1-2 bars which became an issue at some locations for me.and I can't think that this case would probably have similar results. So I opted for there Formula 4 composite case.

And $129 for a case that will unfortunately most likely not fit the upcoming Iphone design is to much money IMO.

10. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

Thanks. That code seems to be working now.

Before I order I wanted to ask and see how good these cases were against scratches or chipping of the paint? If anyone can come in wo has experiences with the elect cases I would appreciate it.

11. EBWing macrumors newbie

These cases are excellent, I have had/have the Black Ops, artic camo, current case R8 Pro white/black and now royal purple on Thursday. None of my cases look used, my R8 Pro I have had for 3-4 months now and it looks perfect still like I just have purchased it. There finish is rock solid and the cases are awesome, the flux finish on the royal purple is new but I am sure it will be great!! I had a problem with my artic camo after 4 months and they took it back no questions asked and gave me a credit of what I paid to get somthing else. Get one you won't regret it.

12. krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

Wing can you comment on the V Pro as to signal?

13. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Great info. Think I'll be jumping the gun and coppin one in the next few weeks.

14. krs7272, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

Code is still saying invalid? Is working again. Site was updated so maybe that's why.

15. klingtop macrumors newbie

Would absolutely love to see more pics of this case in action from other users...
    Purple is so sick..

16. krs7272, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

I would also love to see some pics. But I'd imagine due to the high price there probably aren't a whole lot of them out there. Let alone on this forum.

17. juicebag macrumors newbie

I hope I'm not bumping the crap outta this thread or anything, but I saw a couple people asking for more pics and since I used the coupon code from this thread to buy my Vapor Pro, I figure it's the least I can do

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm quite impressed with the quality of the case. In my opinion it's quite worth the money, especially if you can find a working coupon code! The two halves fit together very nicely, and there is small strips of rubber on the inside edge of the case, to prevent the aluminum from scratching your phone. The suede back plate feels quite nice and adds a lot of grip so you'll be a lot less likely to drop your phone. The one critique I do have, however, is that the screen protector they provide you with is crap! It's an "anti-glare" type screen protector, and it does cut down on a LOT of glare, but it also reduces the visibility of your display a disgusting amount. It makes the display look gross! Minor detail, though, because there's plenty of other screen protection options out there. Doesn't affect my opinion of the case at all!

Another note, is that the overall finish of the case is pretty neat. In different lighting situations the color changes substantially. In my photos the case looks more blue than purple, but like I said, it all depends on the light available at the time.

18. krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

I agree with juice's comments. And also wanna add I've been watching the signal and have seen no signal difference.
    And obviously I'm no photo pro but in my pic my car looks bluer and the case looks redder. But they are closer than it appears

[​IMG]

19. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

Really want to buy this case but my upgrade is soon and I am going to buy the new iPhone once it is announced and give my 4 to my little.

20. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Just got this case as well. As others have said, its stunning and of high quality.

21. lgreenberg thread starter macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

22. mwhq macrumors member

Nice case, if I were to chose any case it would be this one.

Be interesting to know though why you guys like cases, my personal opinion is that they completely distort and already awesome design i.e iPhone 4/s . Does any part of you think when you buy these cases that you've demolished what Apple have worked so hard on and what has been evidently well perceived on a global scale. Not a dig just an interesting question.

I'm all for protecting the phone and have a screen protector and back protector and use a Mulberry case whilst it's not in use. That makes more sense than a case which covers the bezel 100% of the time.

23. krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

I for one think the naked iphone is like a bar of soap. Slippery and for me feels to small in my hands. Having a case like this fixes those issues for me. And I like purple enough to paint my car that color so this case was a no brainer for me...

24. juicebag macrumors newbie

I agree that the iPhone already looks awesome, and if it weren't made up of almost 100% glass, I'd probably keep it naked as well. The resale value on iPhones is too good to not protect them properly if you ask me. Dropping it once and having it shatter could be the difference between being able to sell it once you're done with it or not.

Mind you there is plenty of different protection plans out there (Apple Care+, carrier insurance, etc) so you could really take any route you want to I suppose. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

For me I like having a somewhat original look to my stuff, and lets face it, with the price tag of Element Cases, most people are not going to be buying one.

25. rjbeh macrumors regular

Colors fading for my royal purple

:mad: after a weeks of usage... normal use etc etc. my royal purple color fades!!! what a disappointment! I tried emailing element case but this is what they came back to me :

"Thank you for contacting Element Case.

Improper care for the case will deteriorate the coating. The aluminum portion of the case is anodized, dyed and is run through a final seal/coating process. The anodic oxide coating and the nickel acetate seal bonds the dye on your case and is very tough and resistant. However, the aluminum is soft and the hard coating can only resist as much.

Unnoticeable daily activities may lessen the life of the hard oxide coating:

1. Placing the iPhone inside the pocket - when the case rubs consistently with the fabric on your jeans/pants, the friction causes the coating to weaken.
    2. Placing the iPhone in your pocket with your keys or loose change - the constant hitting of hard objects on the case may weaken the coating.

I hope this helps. "

I'm like wth... my pockets are always empty just for my phone, and i always use air compressor to blow away dust from my pocket to make sure not a single speck of dust stays in my pocket. Yet the color still fades.

I have to say i expect the quality of this case should be higher than what i pay, because I'm from malaysia and the price i'm paying after converting from US dollars is sky high. :(

How's everyone Else's royal purple holding up?