Eligibility moved back...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by darnovo, Oct 5, 2011.

1. darnovo macrumors regular

So obviously since I have gotten every iPhone on launch day I have considered upgrading my 4 to the 4S... I currently have 2 lines on my plan and have been checking my eligibility all year to see if it moved. Well about 2 months ago I noticed that both lines on my account had been moved to a full iPhone upgrade with an $18 upgrade fee. So I was like BOOM, AT&T is awesome. However, after the announcement I when I logged back in, it gave me 11/25 for one line and feb for the other. So now I don't know what to do. If I can't upgrade till november or feb, I will prob make this the first iPhone I skip.

What are my actions here, call customer service and bitch, move companies, just forget it and wait till next years iPhone or what?

2. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Same thing happened to me. Just call 611 and they will switch back to
    eligible.

3. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

dude, November is next month...that's not a long wait at all

4. darnovo thread starter macrumors regular

that's good to know, thx

5. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Question not call and and ask for them to move my date back i can call customer service?

6. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Tell them you were elgible the other day and that you bought the orginal iPhone 4 near release day.

7. c2one macrumors member

Has anyone actually called with successful results? I talked with a manger at a store and he is "getting back with me" on if he can switch my eligibility date.

Currently I am at 11/25

8. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Mine was 11/26/11 I called and they switched it to 10/7/11

9. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Call AT&T, not the AT&T store.

10. c2one macrumors member

On the phone right now..... called 611

----------

No go. Boo.

----------

Transferring to manager.

----------

Still on hold.

11. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

What did you tell them? They told me they can't because Apple controlled the upgrade dates not them. I was told I was eligible since June this year but now my upgrade date is December 6, 2011. I have never been late on a payment. Please tell me! My niece broke my 3GS so I need this for work! I even told AT&T that and the guy still wanted me to pay $199 + $250. My ETF is only $90 dollars!

12. c2one, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

c2one macrumors member

talking to manager...

-----------------------

Running late for a meeting but worth it.

Dialed 611, went throughout the options to speak with someone...

At first they were saying no this can't be done. I said my friend switched theirs (Thanks Chaos123x) and she said no that they can guarantee that it didn't go through. Still being polite I asked if I could speak with someone else. Transferred me to a manager she was already aware of the situation so I didn't have to repeat myself (good job ATT) as soon as she finished repeating what my request was (move my upgrade up) I chimed in and said "I checked my eligibility a week ago and it was listed for october and then check it today and it s says 11/25" (thanks again Chaos123x) "I am just asking to be eligible to pre-order by this Friday at the discounted rate"

She looked over my account and said "ok" ill submit a change request and you will get a text in 24-72 hours ... she said it usually takes 2 days.... saying the change has be complete and then I can go online and see that I will be eligible.

I was nice the whole time and kept thanking them for taking the time to talk to me.

Now I will be nervously awaiting my text.

13. c2one, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

c2one macrumors member

14. aluren macrumors 65816

Same results for me. Upgrade eligible on 11/18 and called 611 earlier. They also told me they can't bump the eligibility because Apple controls it. He said nobody else can bump that. I mentioned that I pay over $100 for two lines every month. No. I asked if I can speak to someone else who can. No. I asked if I can upgrade my plan like adding minutes or add'l text. No.

But they did say they'll bump it if I buy a Samsung Galaxy SII or HTC Insight... What a load of BS...

15. c2one macrumors member

I recieved a text showing my case number, stating this request will be completed within 72 hours and I'll receive another text upon completion.

16. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

A few months ago I checked and I was eligible for an upgrade in June. I just recently checked and it was pushed to 11/25. I called today and I was told my eligibility date was changed because I made a change to my data plan. I was told that they would not up my date.

17. c2one macrumors member

Checked my account this morning. I am now upgrade eligible.

Just call 611, they are going to tell you no, ask for a manager and tell them you were eligible last week and that you are just requesting that they switch your account back.

18. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

I did, let's see what happens.

19. bellaisa macrumors regular

anyone else called and was successful? i called and failed twice.

20. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

I'm on hold till the supervisor/manager can assist me. Hopefully it will work.

Thomas

21. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

She told me it's impossible. I even said "when I worked for a cell phone company (Cingular) we could do a change request. Your saying we can't? She says No. "You may cancel if you wish".

22. Limeyness macrumors member

I just called 611 and got the run around, spoke to a manager and still got told no.

I guess I will have to make the choice of what to do next, been with at&t since 04, would have thought they would have a bit of flex in them.

23. hzeat macrumors member

same here, she stated they can't change pricing/dates on iPhones as it's in their contract with Apple. i'm eligible for an upgrade on 11/24. spoke with a manager and it's a no go. i could see if it was 6 months/8 months out, but the end of next month. c'mon Apple/AT&T!

24. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

AT&T can lie and say that all they want. There is no reason in the world why Apple would not want to sell more phones. This is entirely AT&T's policy, not Apple's.

25. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

That is 100% false. Apple does not control a carrier's upgrade dates. That's purely on what the carrier wants to do. Carries don't want to increase eligible customers because they want to assure new customers get their hands on an S4, since they already know existing customers will buy one regardless. Inventory will be limited.