Email from At&t

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mallom, Sep 8, 2010.

1. mallom macrumors regular

This is probably old news or just not really important for some of you guys.
    If it's a repost, please let me know and I will delete the thread.
    Thanks

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I got it too. More fluff up our asses. Sorry AT&T but your ship done set sail with me. 10+ years is a relationship not worth salvaging.

3. mrrish macrumors regular

mrrish

I got the same template message, but from this signature.

Tammi Terrell
    Vice President and General Manager
    AT&T - San Diego / Las Vegas / Hawaii

The message is identical though...

4. 184550 Guest

Where in NC do you live? (I want to say I've read somewhere in the Research Triangle area?)

I live in the Charlotte area and haven't had any problems with ATT in the six years I've been with them.

5. spacedout17 macrumors member

Just got that same email as well. Wonder what AT&T is up to now.

6. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Whatever happened to the 7meg speeds that were supposed to be introduced with the 3GS?
    Is that ever going to happen?

7. redman042 macrumors 68020

Translation:

"We are about to lose our iPhone exclusivity. We are BEGGING YOU... PLEASE DON'T LEAVE! WE KNOW WE'VE BEEN LAZY, WE PROMISE TO MAKE UP FOR IT!"

8. Turkeywrap macrumors regular

LOL exactly what that says.

9. aohus macrumors 68000

+1

AT&T's desperation started since the Blackberry Torch release. They know they're losing the exclusivity agreement so now they're playing catch up compared to other carriers. If i were you, I'd stay on verizon and wait for another refresh of the iPhone4 come January/February.

^^ i'll bet money on it that its happening.

10. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

Meanwhile, those of us who have been quite happy with ATT, which is more than not, are "BEGGING YOU... please leave ATT and take your business to someone else! Please! Go overload somebody else's network and experience the rickity, slow, no simu. vox-data 3G joy that is CDMA or poorer coverage that is T-Mobile. When you are gone the ATT pipes will be freeer and we that remain will have even better service!"

/sarcasm

Yeah, I know, some people genuinely live in bad areas for ATT. But it just seems that bashing ATT is almost a reflex with many. Like, on the whole, Verizon or anyone else is much better.

11. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

It's a blast to watch the AT&T haters......listen to them piss and moan and whine. It will be great when the iPhone is on another network or two and they all can just go! Then the AT&T network will be better with the excess baggage gone! My experience has been perfect for 20 years...and will be even better!

12. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

Please don't leave us we "promise" something??

13. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

+1

Got the same email.

It's ok, though. I've already left AT&T for my cell service (though wife & kids still have iPhones).

14. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I agree. Let's see Verizon flip a switch and turn on 1,000,000+ iPhone users. While, unlike you, my experience with AT&T has not been perfect, I'll say this: My reception has certainly gotten better over the years. They have done a lot of work in the area where I live.

15. pesos macrumors 6502a

pesos

It all comes down to where you live. I have no issues when I take my iphone to New York, DC, Texas, even across the bay to SF. Parts of LA aren't great but certainly tolerable. However North Berkeley is a disgusting black hole. Never experienced anything like it. 4 years of Verizon without a dropped call, now I have to pull over in certain parts of the neighborhood because 75% of it is a dead zone. And Berkeley is a big city, this isn't the boonies.

I will be jumping ship to Verizon asap - not because I think they will handle data saturation any better than ATT has (we can always hope of course) but because I wouldn't mind being able to make a call in my house, or maybe not get voicemails/texts hours after they were sent, if at all.

16. Adisah macrumors regular

Still rocking the iPhone 2g. Works fine.

However, I live in metro atlanta which has excellent Att coverage.

It would be great if the iPhone was on all carriers. Then more people would be able to experience the advanced features of the iPhone.

The whole verizon vs att thing is childish. Just pick the one which works better for you.

17. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

The grass is always greener on the other side.

18. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I live in Philly. Been with AT&T for years. Happy customer. Superb service in this area. In fact I hear more Verizon customers complain than I do AT&T customers in this area.

Marc

19. pesos macrumors 6502a

pesos

Actually my point is that, in this case, the grass truly IS greener on the other side.

20. pesos macrumors 6502a

pesos

And if you switched to Verizon and dropped calls left and right, you'd be understandably displeased.

21. Meyvn macrumors 6502

22. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Seriously? No one has yet figured out that it all depends on your location, if you're on or behind a hill, the color of the sky, the number of letters in your name? Are you all really that stupid or are your lives really so easy that this is all you have to bitch about?

AT&T rocks!
    AT&T sucks!
    You suck!
    No you suck!

For how many years now? Someone should give you people knives and lock you in a room.

23. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

Hmm, no letter and i'm in north texas. Anyway, for me there is only one place that has bad coverage and that is the far end of my school. Makes me focus on schoolwork so i guess its ok:rolleyes:

24. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

Bye, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

25. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

it happened in jan.