email problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by raymaur, Feb 21, 2018.

1. raymaur macrumors newbie

I use a macbook air myself with no problem. However, I recently bought a macbook pro for my wife and what a disappointment! she uses her mac for communicating with members of a volunteer group and because none of them can open her attachments has had to go back to using a Lenovo notebook. What a waste of au$2,200. I wish I had known of this problem before lashing out a lot of money on the mac. Anyone want to buy a cheap mac?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

3. raymaur thread starter macrumors newbie

At present simply attaching a file, but she is trying to look up how to change it to pc friendly as we speak

4. Mike Boreham, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018

Mike Boreham macrumors 68000

Yes please ;)

Seriously though I have sent thousands of attachments of all kinds from several Macs for several years without problem.

I don't know what the the problem is but I doubt it is machine specific so you would probably get more responses in the Mac Apps section, but supply some more info such as mail client, POP/IMAP/Gmail and what type of files.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 22, 2018 ---
    Are the files she is trying to send Zip files? If so this link might be of interest, although I have sent Mac created zip files without problem, this does seem to be a file type which can cause problems:

http://gotoes.org/sales/Zip_Mac_Files_For_PC/