Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
First of all I wouldn't install something called Windows XP SP3 Vista Style. Just get Windows XP SP2 or SP3. All you do is download the emulator. It's no different to OSX.

deceptichop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
First of all I wouldn't install something called Windows XP SP3 Vista Style. Just get Windows XP SP2 or SP3. All you do is download the emulator. It's no different to OSX.

Thanks for the 411 Ragged. I just got Windows XP Sp3. Now before I do this, I keep hearing about software called "Perrlels." Do I choose between Parrelels and Bootcamp? Or do I DL Perralels and Bootcamp?

Thanks again

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Parallels is an app in OSX that lets you run Windows in, well, a window. You lose performance with it over Bootcamp.

Run the Bootcamp installer.
Install XP.
When XP first boots up insert the Leopard disc again and install the Bootcamp drivers.

You have a fully working XP.

jw2002

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2008
Ya man, I placed the bundle in the proper folder. Still wont work.

Does anyone know if the Emulator Enhancer issues have been fixed? I just downloaded Rainbow (an Atari 800 emulator) and Emulator Enhancer. When I run Rainbow without EE, it works fine. When I place EE in the proper folder and then run Rainbow, the application never successfully loads and eventually the entire machine hangs. Sounds like EE is triggering a kernel panic! I have an X-Arcade dual joystick connected to a 2.26 GHz Mac Mini through the USB port. Maybe EE doesn't know how to play well with the X-Arcade device?

mmxbass

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2013
Don't waste your time with this. Bannister is a bottom-feeder. He removes functionality from free software and then charges money to put it back in. His attitude would get him laughed out of town on any other platform, I don't know why people put up with him on the Mac.

Get NekoLauncher Mednafen. It's an OSX multisystem emulator that is 100% free and infinitely superior to anything Bannister has scummed up.

phil1984

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2003
Don't waste your time with this. Bannister is a bottom-feeder. He removes functionality from free software and then charges money to put it back in. His attitude would get him laughed out of town on any other platform, I don't know why people put up with him on the Mac.

Get NekoLauncher Mednafen. It's an OSX multisystem emulator that is 100% free and infinitely superior to anything Bannister has scummed up.

Lol WTF. Bannister ported over so many emulators for the Mac it's ridiculous. If all he does in return is ask people to pay some $ for some optional extras, that you can use for free anyways if you are willing to put up with a please register dialogue box that you can click past.....and that is considered bottom feeding...

Wow. You are a spoilt little boy aren't you :)

ScottishCaptain

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
Uh huh.

He didn't write those emulators. He ported them. I know more then a few of the original authors tend to ignore the fact that he's essentially selling their work, and when pressed on that matter they tend to get a bit irked about it.

Bannister's work might ultimately make up to 2-5% of the total time invested in any one of those projects. And yet he's the guy making money off them indirectly through a clever loophole. The original authors don't get anything from his income.

How is that fair? If I wrote an emulator and open sourced it, I'd expect it to stay open source. Bannister doesn't even post the source for his changes. And he charges for Emulator Enhancer, and advertises himself in the emulator disk images. Give me a break.

-SC

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.