Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
I just tried them today.
I tried Inked from 7-11.

very pleasant taste and feeling of alertness still on 5 hours later.
will see what I feel like in couple of hours.
but i get a bigger energy boost from my Starbucks drinks.

adk

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2005
Stuck in the middle with you
I'm not big on energy drinks but I tried one called NOS energy drink and besides the stupid name and marketing campaign, it tasted pretty decent.

Has anybody tried that 5-hour energy stuff?

mikeypizano

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2008
Pittston PA
NOS and Sobe ones are REALLY good! The no fear one used to have a "Gold" version but I don't know what the difference was between them.:confused:

StealthRider

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2002
Here and there!
Can't do it; the most caffeine I've had in the last six months is a 16oz cup of root beer yesterday to celebrate the end of my fitness test. I don't drink coffee, and only do the energy drink thing during finals (and even then, Vault is as far as I go).

majordude

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
Who hear drinks energy drinks?

Do you mean flavor or buzz?

For flavor, I like Bawls. I love guarana flavoring. I used to have a Brazilian restaurant near me that served a guarana soda which I was addicted to but they went out of business. :(

For energy, I don't know. The old Jolt Cola got me going but nothing since then. Coffee or green tea have it all over energy drinks.

majordude

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
Since I cut down on caffeine my energy levels have gone up significantly :)

Ha! You are right!

I used to drink Starbucks every morning. It has been about three months and I sleep better, wake up earlier and have more energy without the caffeine! Go figure!

mikeypizano

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2008
Pittston PA
Taste AND buzz is so hard to find!

There is one that I really like that tastes good: Monster Khaos. Its a juice one so its pretty drinkable.

bbbensen

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
At tennis once, around 2 PM on a Sunday, I had a RedBull.

Omigawd.

I was up all night. I couldnt sleep.

Since it was a Sunday, I needed to get up the next morning for school. Im not a morning person. Im the kind that if you say "hello" to the wrong way when I didnt get enough sleep, I bite your jugular.

I had a bad week, and so did a few other people.

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Never tried any of them and probably never will. They are just harmful.

As for coffee - it doesn't make me more energetic for even 1 minute so I don't bother with it. I'd rather have a big cup of tea in the morning.

Santa Rosa

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
Another vote for Relentless

Amazing: Relentless (Also has a cool name and cool looking cans)

Ultimately Crap: Blue Bear

PMB

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2007
New York
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

no energy drinks for me, had them once, screwed me up.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Used to have Red Bull with a Boots Meal Deal, then went onto their healthier energy drinks. Then moved onto them cheap Aldi 33p Red Bull clones when I was cramming a load of work onto my game. Had about 2-3 a day then.
Quit all that stuff and just stuck to having 1 Relentless when I go out hiking.

Now I've cut off all caffeine out of my diet till I get better :eek:

Gray-Wolf

macrumors 68030
Apr 19, 2008
Pandora, Home Tree
They are bad. If you have a high BP rate, they can jack them even higher. You ready for a heart attack? I had to give up all caffeine, my BP was 175/107 and gave me hellacious head aches. Not worth it for a little more energy.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
Blue monster (or green really) FTW. I dont like rockstar, i dont like amp, sobe has an alright one. Red Bull isn't that good. Monster also makes a decent coffee flavored line that is a bit hard to find (atleast around here) but very good. Have not found a big 24 oz though.

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
They are bad. If you have a high BP rate, they can jack them even higher. You ready for a heart attack? I had to give up all caffeine, my BP was 175/107 and gave me hellacious head aches. Not worth it for a little more energy.

If you're blood pressure's that high then energy drinks are the least of your worries. I hope you're seeing someone about that.

Gray-Wolf

macrumors 68030
Apr 19, 2008
Pandora, Home Tree
I am. Hyzaar 100/12.5 My doctor also took me off Tylenol as it was wrecking my liver just to kill the headaches. If I stay away from Caffeine, and on the BP meds, it stays 116/75

For those healthy though, that much caffeine in any form is not good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.