iPad Pro Engraving

Discussion in 'iPad' started by psycho93, Jul 26, 2019.

1. psycho93 macrumors member

psycho93

Hi, am visiting US next week for 8 days and definitely buying iPadPro 11" 64GB WiFi with 2nd gen Pencil at an Apple Store, probably 5th Avenue NY. If I purchase on 1st day does anybody have an idea how long it would take for engraving? If I purchase online here in Ireland cost is €1179 roughly $1310, but to buy in US is €834 / $928!!

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Engraving is done at the factory from what I understand. You would need to order and have it delivered to that Apple store.

3. Never mind macrumors 6502

Never mind

You might regret engraving. Resell value may be lower for those who want to buy your used iPad with something on it that they don’t like. It’s just a gimmick for some and not useful. Better spend the money on something that you can really use

4. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Engraving is free. But I agree with the rest, I wouldn't want it. Just going to cover it with a case and when I go to sell it it's going to have my name on it.

5. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502a

Engraving also means that you don’t get the 14 days to return the iPad, should you regret your choice of storage capacity or anything like that.

6. psycho93 thread starter macrumors member

psycho93

Thank you everyone, was goin to get mobile no engraved but makes perfect sense to leave it

7. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Alternatively, you can “engrave” on your iPad Pro case, far cheaper and can still keep your iPad Pro with high resell value.

8. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

It’s not cheaper, Apple does it at no additional cost.

9. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

I am also considering the resell value and potential to not be able to return device, though “no additional cost” is good to know.

10. AutomaticApple macrumors 68000

AutomaticApple

You’re better off not getting it engraved.