Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
There are sometimes when im connected via wifi but due to the long distance from the router there is no adequate signal. From the same distance i have no issue with my macbook. I suppose that the problem is the small antenna on the iPhone compared with the one on the macbook.
Is there a way to enlarge the antenna on the iPhone so i can solve such issues?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
There are sometimes when im connected via wifi but due to the long distance from the router there is no adequate signal. From the same distance i have no issue with my macbook. I suppose that the problem is the small antenna on the iPhone compared with the one on the macbook.
Is there a way to enlarge the antenna on the iPhone so i can solve such issues?
It can very well be different hardware that is in play as well.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
For little cost you can buy a WiFi extender. I used to not recommend these devices but they have improved. My house is 5500 sf and I installed two of these extenders and they give my full bars WIFi all the way out to the dock.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
The wifi I need to get I contact with is not mine but a remote neighbor's

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
My neighbor had been using mine for years until I had Comcast come in and install the XFinity. I did not find out until another neighbor talked to him and he complained about having to pay for his own service.
I would send him retroactive bill for part of your wifi you paid for him. That would be such a welcome April 1st letter

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Of course he knows, I've talked about this issue with him and he agrees to give me access. The reason is because its just not worth signing a yearly contract for internet access and use it for 1-2weeks maximum.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.