Estimated Delivery Date Has Changed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacBookPro13", Feb 2, 2011.

1. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

Yesterday after I ordered my MacBook Pro from the Apple Store (1st Feb), when I checked the order status it said that Shipping would be the 2nd of February & delivery on the 4th or before that.

Now today (2nd Feb) when I select "track this shipment" it says Estimated Delivery Date - 8th Feb.

Is it likely that I will get the MacBook Pro on the 4th and that the revised EDD is just to cover their backs in case there is a delay or will it morst likely be the 8th that I get it?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Typically it's closer to the original date, and they are just extending it for the possibility of a late delivery

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Weather has been a bitch lately, they could be compensating just in case.

4. MacBookPro13" thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

I hope so. If it doesn't deliver by this Saturday I won't get it until the following Friday. :(

5. MacBookPro13" thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

6. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Shanghai

7. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Definitely weather. I ordered something (not Apple related) and had my delivery date revised by two days. It actually was delivered on the revised date, and while tracking it, I could see where the delays were taking place - all along the areas where the storms were happening.

8. MacBookPro13" thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

Now it says:

Estimated Delivery Date (Subject to change): 04 Feb 2011 (Subject to change)

Current Delivery Status: Shipment dispatched

Does this mean it has arrived in the country or has just been shipped? :D

9. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

10. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Only CTO/BTO ship from Shanghai, normal models will ship from wherever the closest location is to the destination.

11. MacBookPro13" thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

My shipment arrived in Dublin, 3 hours away from where I live, at 6PM yesterday.

It was transported to Limerick, 2 hours away from where I live at 6.15 this morning & now it is still in Limerick because "The address is in a remote area and deliveries are not made daily. / Delivery rescheduled."

So instead of being delivered today, Friday the 4th of February, it won't be delivered until Monday the 7th. I go back to the college the night before so I won't see my package until the following Friday, the 11th of February.

Damn you, UPS. :mad:

12. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Can you collect it yourself over the weekend? It may be a painful 4 hour round trip, but at least it would save you waiting another week

13. MacBookPro13" thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

No way of getting to Limerick today or Saturday mate. It's very annoying. I know I might seem impatient but when they say they will deliver on the 4th, they should. :(

14. Mik3F macrumors 6502

Annoying I know, but not Apple's fault. Once it has shipped it's down to the Courier.

My macbook Pro was ordered via a catalogue so I could pay for it in 14 months.

I ordered on a Friday. It weas sent via courier from Apple on the Monday to the catalogue and I got it on the Tuesday.

Have you phoned UPS up to ask them why they won't deliver today?

15. MacBookPro13" thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

I am not blaming Apple at all, don't worry.

No I didn't ask why not, when I rang she just said that it will be delivered on Monday. I guess the fact that I am in a "remote area" may have been the problem.

I don't see why UPS was chosen to deliver to Ireland though - DHL is the main delivery courier around here and they pass through my location every day. I have never seen a UPS truck in Ireland. :eek:

Another week without a laptop for college it would seem. :apple:

16. bigjobby macrumors 65816

As painful as it seems, all will soon be forgotten once it arrives.

Last year, many of us had to wait about a month for our units to arrive for whatever reasons; icelandic volcanic ash clouds, high demand etc.