Estimated non-contact price for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xXSL1MXx, May 2, 2011.

1. xXSL1MXx macrumors member

Exactly what the title says.
    I just got an amazing deal; iPhone 4 32GB in like new condition for $200.
    I kinda wanna keep it and I kinda wanna sell it. If I sell it, I'd get around $500. Would that be enough to get an iPhone 5 without contract when it is released? Thanks.

2. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

That's way too forward thinking and no one can answer you with any measure of certainty; People barely know when the phone is releasing. Based on previous trends however, expect to pay anywhere from $650-$750 for a 16GB model. This is of course assuming Apple sticks with the current pricing structure.

Enjoy your iPhone 4... It's a great phone and $200 is an unbelievable price.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Historically, the highest end iPhone has been $699 without a contract, and $499 with an early upgrade in the US. If you do an early upgrade with the carrier, they'll charge you $50 more, so do it with Apple.

4. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Price of current non-contract iPhone 4 + $30.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

My guess is the same prices as the current model iphone 4.

6. TheGambler macrumors newbie

Just curious, how did you score the 4 for $200?

7. himesh macrumors regular

I'm gonna guess the same price as the iPhone 4

8. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

I dont think they want to maintain the current prices so they will do something to break that up like the rumors of the normal/pro phones. I think the prices then would be both higher for pro and slightly lower for the normal one.

9. AWallen90 macrumors 6502

Just wondering but did you beat up an old lady, steal her iPhone 4, and pay the witnesses $200 to keep quiet?

10. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

11. xXSL1MXx, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011

xXSL1MXx thread starter macrumors member

I personally love eBay. I just had the feeling to check on ebay for any good deals for an iPhone 4. I normally look at the buy it nows and put highest price with a price limit at $350. I accidentally messed up and clicked on the "newly listed". I was going to change it back to highest when all of a sudden I see a buy it now for $200 with free shipping without a photo. I click on it and I QUICKLY read the description.I check the time that it was listed...2 MINUTES AGO. I then bought it now and payed. I was hoping to hopefully ripp someone off of one for like $350 off of craigslist, but I never lost hope on eBay.
    ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION:

This phone is basically in mint condition. Was given to me as a gift but had already bought one prior to receiving it. I will also add in 3 phone cases, a pack of antiglare screens, and a iPhone 4 dock. As a bonus, I will even include a apple iPhone cleaning kit. I will include pictures in the day or two

^^A day or two? lol the listing lasted <120 seconds!

my goodness. My best deal of the year!