Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Do you have any idea what MobileSubstrate does? It's a very sophisticated and extensible code injection system which allows tweaks to safely insert code into native applicators and into the operating system itself to modify how they'd run. It has numerous APIs that allow developers to do things with iOS that Apple never intended. And it does all this while providing you with a safe way to recover from crashes and uninstall tweak that would otherwise require you to restore your phone.

Tell em bro:D

Dyspareunia

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Southern California
Approx. 25mins or so ago...saurik posted to twitter:
"Substrate 0.9.5000 has been released, with support for iOS 7 and ARM64. (For extensions to work on ARM64, they must be recompiled to ARM64.)"

So now, I guess, it is up to the cydia app devs to update and/or recompile their apps for the new mobilesubstrate and iOS7 layout... so still more waiting!

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
Approx. 25mins or so ago...saurik posted to twitter:
"Substrate 0.9.5000 has been released, with support for iOS 7 and ARM64. (For extensions to work on ARM64, they must be recompiled to ARM64.)"

So now, I guess, it is up to the cydia app devs to update and/or recompile their apps for the new mobilesubstrate and iOS7 layout... so still more waiting!

Interesting, it now seems to be called cydia substrate.
All working fine now.

Last edited:

evangw

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008
Interesting, it now seems to be called cydia substrate.
And it does seem to have broken most of my tweaks...

Are you sure it broke your tweaks, or did you install this on an A7 device? I have 4 iOS devices, and the new update makes it work on all of them except the iPad Retina Mini. All of the apps that use Mobile Substrate will still need to be recompiled to work on A7, even though Cydia Substrate is already fixed. But now that that's done, the rest can begin.

Too bad a lot of legacy jailbreak tweaks will probably not be fixed.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
I thought I'd edited my post before anyone saw it - obviously not!
My phone had mist gone into Safe Mode (which no longer seems to say safe mode at the top) and when it came up with the Optitions resorting it didn't. A hard reset solved all my problems and I edited my post hoping no one had seen my stupidity...

All fine now.

Ender Wiggins

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2013
If you created your own personal jailbreak, I would imagine you should have the skills required to update mobile substrate on your own. Or at least hack it so that it barely works...

I don't want to step on Saurik's toes. I have great, great respect for him. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.