Euro 2008 - (Football) - Who will you support

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by xUKHCx, May 24, 2008.

?

Who will you support

1. Czech Republic

5.9%
  2. Portugal

11.1%
  3. Switzerland

6.7%
  4. Turkey

2.2%
  5. Austria

3.7%
  6. Croatia

2.2%
  7. Germany

20.0%
  8. Poland

0.7%
  9. France

8.9%
  10. Italy

14.1%
  11. Netherlands

26.7%
  12. Romania

3.0%
  13. Greece

6.7%
  14. Russia

3.7%
  15. Spain

20.7%
  16. Sweden

5.9%
  1. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Euro 2008 is not that far off now, although there are many members from countries that didn't make it through to the finals :eek:

I personally will be supporting Spain and Sweden but if it came down to it my team for the tournament would be Spain.

2. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

Once again I'll be looking for the Dutch team to not impload, and win for the second time.

3. 7254278 macrumors 68020

4. 7254278 macrumors 68020

I am italian and I live in madrid. I too would like to see the Spanish team be successful but over here they are so arrogant about their football that it seems so wrong to support them. Most people dont know this but the spanish media is ANYTHING but humble when it comes to the spanish football team, be it clubs or the national side.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^Really? :p

I'm going to support Sweden and Engerland.

6. xUKHCx thread starter Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Not doing too well with your choices since one of your teams didn't even make it to the finals. :p

And it is not Sweden :eek:

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Really? Sorry, because I thought they had made it to the finals. :confused: I read it on the BBC and HERE.

8. xUKHCx thread starter Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Wrong Euro tournament, this is UEFA Euro 2008 not the Eurovision Song Contest

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Damn, got fooled since all those countries are also in Eurovision (of course).

I don't care. My 3rd pick is still Russia. So how am I doing? Not good, I s'pose.

Oh, and I'm still cheering for Sweden in the Euro 2008 (of the ball variety).

10. Queso macrumors G4

I read La Vanguardia pretty much every day. They're nowhere NEAR as bad as the British press are about our own teams :p

11. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I'll be cheering on England – I'm confident with our new manager that... oh, bugger. That's right. We didn't qualify. :eek:

I'll be watching as an interested neutral – I've got Dutch family so if I lean towards any team it'll probably be the Oranje.

12. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

Most of my mates have picked Holland and I'd be happy to cheer them on but given the Spanish contingent at Liverpool it's going to be Spain for me.

13. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Unfortunately, none of Hull City's internationals play for teams who have qualified so I can't follow your lead on that one. Mind, if we happen to sign a player over the next month or so who is going to be playing at Euro 2008 I'm perfectly happy to whore myself out to cheering on that particular nation.

Make it happen, Brown.

14. VAG macrumors member

VAG

Greece of course :)

We got it back in 2004, while everybody had us as an outsider. Teamwork sometimes proves that 2-3 big players can't pull a team on top.

I hope this year to happen the same.

Πάμε Ελλαδάρα!!!

15. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

16. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

It would appear to be Germany for me. How I came to this... I closed my eyes and waggled my mouse around then after a random period of time I clicked. The country closest to the mouse pointer was Germany... DAMN!!!

Still all I can say is... Kommen Sie in Deutschland, können Sie es gewinnen (hope google got that right!)

17. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

18. ffifield macrumors newbie

Usually I root for England but since they didn't get in I'll be pulling for Germany.

19. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I'll probably root for Italy, but if some country - especially one of the underdogs - is showing some great football and a big heart I might be swayed... ;)

Something like Denmark in 1992 (when I actually was at the Roskilde festival during the final) wouldn't be too bad...

20. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

With the absence of a 'home team' to get behind, I'll be supporting Spain - they've got to win something eventually, surely? - and Germany - I have a Teutonic family history!

21. remmy macrumors 6502a

In this instance were my team were far from good enough in these competitions for me its more of hoping for the teams that I dislike to fail rather than supporting any I do like.

22. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

The BBC has got it's Euro 2008 up and running. As we are not there (still hurts to say that) I'd almost forgotten what a nightmare it would be to be in Group C

23. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Well as long as it is Ronaldo's fault Portugal go out, I'll be happy :p