Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

European Apple execs were reportedly dined in style at a special dinner held for them:
The restaurant Amura de Puerto Calero remains unequaled in their objective to organize the best events in our island. With this in mind, this Monday, I had the responsibility to prepare, in secret, a special dinner which was enjoyed by all the top ranking executives of Apple who had met at Lanzarote for the presentation of their newest products.
Few other details of the dinner are available. Macuarium notes that Apple confirmed that this was an internal event.

An unidentified box at the center of the table is the topic of some speculation:

product_300.jpg

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
Ooh that's a tough one...

Why would they have a product box in the middle of the table ?

Why would you have a table that long too...

lancestraz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2005
RI
Ewww... What's with the huge yellow digg thing?

Oh, and the box. Looks like iConnectFour to me.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
It looks like one of those things physics teachers use to demonstrate Newton's law of conservation of energy. With the 5 of 6 balls suspended by string... and you pull one of two back and they hit and make the one or two on the other end swing out.. what's it called. yeah, it looks like a box of an iOneOfThem

P.S. Has page 2 always had a blue theme to it, or is that new?

autrefois

macrumors 65816
They managed to get the product out of the lift then.

:D

I don't think it's possible to tell what is on the box at this res. My guess is it might have been just a centerpiece for the event, not of any particular secret product. I don't think Apple would do that, Steve would have their heads rolling if he found out that European Apple execs had a new unannounced product featured in the middle of a table where wait staff, etc. could see.

MLeepson

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
USA
top ranking executives of Apple who had met at Lanzarote for the presentation of their newest products.

Maybe the box is a package of several products, instead of just one. If that's the case that's would be why we don't recognize the box.
-or-
It's a totally new product.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
"needed a table of more than 180 meters in length"

that is one looooooooonnnnnnnngggggggg table.

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
Whatever those things are, there was definitely more than one...

http://www.macuarium.com/cms/images/stories/contenidos/miguel/varios/imagen2.jpg

What gives with the white boxes vs. transparent items...maybe some sort of award that was in a box until the final minutes? (Although the box seems a little elaborate for just an award).

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
What gives with the white boxes vs. transparent items...maybe some sort of award that was in a box until the final minutes? (Although the box seems a little elaborate for just an award).

Think the pictures were taken during setup and the guy putting the white boxes had to have a rest before making to the other end of the table.

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
Think the pictures were taken during setup and the guy putting the white boxes had to have a rest before making to the other end of the table.

But the table looks more setup (with the flowers, etc) in the pictures with the transparent boxes. Also a thought, looking at the lighting of the picture...maybe these are some sort of battery powered LED light source of some kind just to light the dinner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.