EVDO USB and Leopard Compatibility?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by arn, Dec 5, 2007.

1. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Hey all.

Looking for a USB EVDO modem for a MacBook with Leopard.

I saw some early reports of problems with some USB EVDO modems. Anyone have any experience with a USB EVDO modem an Leopard?

Specifically, I was planning on using Verizon service.

arn

2. rtalex macrumors member

I currently have used a verizon wireless v740 express card with no problems, it worked flawlessly.

Now my XV6700 I can use, but I have to have Parallels launched and share the network connection since there are no drivers for the xv6700 and leopard just yet. It still works good though, not as stable as using the express card, but it works pretty darn good.

3. EVDOinfo macrumors newbie

EVDOinfo

http://vzam.net/download/supported.aspx

shows the version of verizon access manager you will need to use each USB modem.

having seen all of them, my preference would be USB727

4. Rotary8 macrumors regular

I currently have an ex720 from sprint, originally for my macbook pro. Ever since I purchased a mb, fully realizing it doesn't have an expresscard slot, I ordered a usb adapter for it. Worked right away upon plugging it in.

BTW, hope you know verizon secretly caps your monthly bandwidth allowance. Well, not really cap but they'll just terminate your service if you go over 5-10 gigs.

as far as usb devices go, check out the 3gstore guys like the post above.

5. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

That's so true. When I was shopping around and was doing my research many people indicated that Verizon doesn't really have an unlimited plan as advertised. I've been with Sprint for 2 years and have not had a complaint. I recently upgraded to the Sierra Wireless 595U. I decided to get this for the flexibility as I can use it on a laptop and desktop (in case my ISP goes down at home).

Good luck with your decision.