Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fcamilleri

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
In Your Mind
When does it get fun?

and I mean FUN.

I've been looking for a slower game, just something I could enjoy and dominate, and EVE seems to fit the ticket... but the tutorial scares me away.

How much do I have to endure?

MindBrain

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
When does it get fun?

and I mean FUN.

I've been looking for a slower game, just something I could enjoy and dominate, and EVE seems to fit the ticket... but the tutorial scares me away.

How much do I have to endure?

It's up to you, Eve can be pretty frustrating when you work up to more powerful and expensive ships, and then you go exploring in low security space and you get ambushed and destroyed. On the other hand you can have fun upgrading and tweaking out the smaller ships and then go and do npc missions, or get hired protecting mining ships, or join a clan etc...

It can be tough earning isk, but what I did was buy popular goods on the market for as cheap as I could, then resell them for as much as I could, trick was keeping your buy and sell orders on top of everyone elses. Got about 120 million isk in about a month, prolly not that great compared to a lot of players but it was pretty good for me.

Anyway I don't play anymore, too expensive and takes too much time, but you can put your account on hold and come back to it after a few months if you want, I've played a total of about 6 months, on and off over a few years...

Rileyb80

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2009
Eve is fun in my opinion however it's based around communities and highly supports risk versus reward.

The problem is getting started as there are alot of skills to train and they take time, however i'd suggest you get the trail and try it out.

I've been playing it for 5 years and I still love it, just remember to take breaks when you need to.

fcamilleri

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
In Your Mind
4 days into my trial, and the fun began. Hit up some crazy missions over in the Hek system, then did some lowsec pirating with my new corp. Still working at it, but im canceling my wow subscription. Nuffing like trading one addiction for another.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I know nothing of this game but what I've read in these forums. I can't imagine playing this game and not being part of a powerful guild. You need the protection of numbers at times. I'd ask how often? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.