Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moosquared

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2010
I'm ALWAYS rooting for the white. For the iPhone 5, the black look really good though... I'm still in between. I wish they show more pictures of the white iPhone.

SeanZy

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
I always have gotten white, and I want to get the black this time, but the minute you get even one tiny scratch on that aluminum, you will have a glaring speck of silver there, and it will look horrible forever.

fsolano

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2012
I really like the black also but I'm going to go for the white. The only thing that could make the white iphone 5 better if they made the antenna band around the phone black. That would look sooooo good.

christyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Salt Lake
I've always gone for white and never been tempted by black in the past... but I must say it's a hard call this year. Love the back of the black, but still love the white also.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Seeing how much the current bezel scratches, it looks like a screen protector will be a much for the backplate because that beautiful metal back will get scratched up really fast

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I have never bought a white iPhone as they dont really appeal to me - not that I hate them, I just prefer a black Phone. The iPhone 5 on the other hand looks horrid in white, but really great in black, so I'm going black again.

Once you go Black you will never go back :eek::D

I was the same way. Said I'd never get a white and they were for girls and such. However, prior to the release today I've seen more and more white iPhone 4/4Ss and I've changed my tune. I think it looks crisp and clean. Though I still don't really care for it on the iPad. Now I am a little torn as the black looks great with the slate and the darker ring. I also don't like that the white just got the silver and nothing different to it other than making the little hashes in the band white too.

Couple things to consider.

1. Will the black scratch easier and then not look so good.

2. Will it be in a case (I don't use one ever) but if so you won't see anything but the black or white face.

3. Will the silver ring around the lens or flash on the white cause glare spots or picture issues.

I have had all black iPhones and so I just feel like it is time for a change. I figure at the worst, in May when my wife's iPhone contract comes up, I can give her my white and get the black if I don't really like it.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I like both, so I just flipped a coin. Looks like I'm getting white.

I was dead set on getting the white (I have the white 4S and new iPad), but now I'm thinking I might get the black one to get the "double" effect of a new design and color.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.