event not generated or keystroke not capture on password field?

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by newformac, Aug 3, 2011.

1. newformac, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011

newformac macrumors regular

hi i am using this to generate the event to handle the capture keystroke but its not work for password filed.

please help me for this.

thanks in advance.

2. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

That's the idea. It bloody well shouldn't.

3. newformac, Aug 3, 2011

newformac thread starter macrumors regular

4. jiminaus macrumors 65816

jiminaus

Why do you want to tap the key events of a password field instead of just sending stringValue to get the entered password?

5. newformac, Aug 3, 2011

6. jiminaus macrumors 65816

jiminaus

So you made a key logger. And you want us to tell you how to steal passwords, in addition to the credit cards details, etc., you're already getting ?! :eek:

7. newformac, Aug 3, 2011

8. jiminaus macrumors 65816

jiminaus

Yep, I'm sure you do. But as Mac user, I really need you not to do this. And if there is a way -- and thankfully I'm pretty sure there's not, short of writing a custom keyboard driver -- I wouldn't want this knowledge to be made publicly available.

9. newformac, Aug 3, 2011

10. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Ok. I'll help you once more. You can't read the keys from a password field, because you are not supposed to be able to read the keys, and if you found a way to do it then someone at Apple would have totally messed up and we would see a security update within two days that makes it impossible.

11. ehoui macrumors regular

What are you intentions by tapping into the events of another application, especially a password field? If you are not writing a malicious program, then we might be willing to guide you to a different design, but right now it seems awfully suspicious.

12. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I need to do this too ... because I want to ... umm ...
    Speak the letters presses so my visually impaired grandma can hear the letters she is typing in those unspeakably cruel *****'d out fields!

13. wlh99 macrumors 6502

You have asked how to run an app hidden, how to run an app at logon, how to obtain elevated permissions, and now how to log keystrokes in a password field.

I'd love to hear what legitimate and benign app you are creating. It seems like not only are you attempting to create malware, but you are trying to get us to create it for you.

14. larswik macrumors 68000

HA. I got a good laugh reading your responses. I like how you can see what people are try to do, it's so funny. I thought I would look up some of his past posts on this board. As I am still learning to program myself I don't think I would ever ask any of these questions he asked in the past.

So using the list above from past questions he asked in a MadLib format. "How do I '2', that secretly installs a program that '1', that will successfully '5'. and send me the results". I didn't know how to write the other 2 in there but I thought it would be fun. They might be harmless or not :)