Ever built something to go along with your Mac/iPhone?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ejb190, May 29, 2017.

1. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

Sometimes you just can't find that perfect accessory to go along with your Mac, iPhone, or iPod. Anyone here ever give up and just build it yourself?

This is kind of old but I made this dock for my old iPod Nano (RIP, old friend). Works for my newer Nano, but doesn't fit the same.

So what have you built?

Attached Files:

2. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

A friend of mine did something funny a few years back. He bought a beaten up electric guitar,took off the strings,and made a iPad-size hole in the guitar body,added a power cord,and connections for loudspeaker/headphones. The awkward thing worked great with garage band. Took some carpentry skills,but it was sure worth the effort.

3. decafjava macrumors 68020

decafjava

Very nice work with the iPad, and the guitar/iPad combo sounds amazing!!

4. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

IT sure was great,and with the guitars included in garage band It was even better.

5. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

The closest thing I've come to building for my phone was opening a 5x (10,000 ?) portable battery about the same size as my iPhone 5. It's a must if you want run your phone to run all day under heavy use <cough Pokémon go> without a charging opportunity. I was in an amusement park with poke stops every 40'. :D