Ever run from the cops?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Feb 6, 2010.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Reading about it online (motorcycle forums) and thought I would ask my fav community lol

I haven't and wont either buuuuuut the thought has crossed my mind at times....especially when on a regular bicycle with campus bike cops

2. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

No but im not old enough to drive yet. I would never though, cops gives me my fill of running from the police lol.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You're just full of great ideas, aren't you? :cool:
    I never have and never will.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

No, I would never even think of it. Sure, you might get away but chances are you'll be caught and your punishment will be even worse. It's a stupid idea.

5. Surely Guest

Surely

Call them "pigs" first. And make pig noises at them.

I hear that they like that.

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

When I was younger, the cops around here are basically revenue pigs.

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Doesn't mean you should run from them.

8. Mike Macintosh macrumors regular

Mike Macintosh

Why should I, they are just going to knock you down and cuff ya anyways, so you're screwed regardless.

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

It was either that or pay 300 bucks for under-aged drinking which I was going to be doing the next week regardless.

Depends how fat they are, I got away.

10. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Oh yes, twice or three times I think, but I was young, 6 to 8/9, and did some strange stuff. Broke into an office with a friend once, when I was 6, short before 7, made a fire in an empty house (no one got hurt, the fire was put out very fast, and the house is still standing - it is made of bricks and not wood) when I was 7, and when I was 8 or 9 a friend (the same with the break in) and me burnt some big tires (one meter or more in diameter) in the neighbouring and empty garden of our neighbour.

But all three times I finally got caught by the police, I even got some sausage on the precinct while waiting for my mother.

I'm still in good contact with the police though, due to my stupid lifestyle of having accumulated quite some unpaid bills during my drug years.

I hope when I look back on the last sentence in some years, it will seem as stupid as those deeds I did in my childhood.

11. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

12. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

if you decide to run.....dont take your first right. that is human instinct. I have reads cops are trained to do that once they lose sight of vehicle as chances are they took that turn

13. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

Yea I have several times. Its all because of skateboarding, cops would pull up and we would all scatter...sometimes you are the one being chased. I've gotten caught a few times and put in cuffs/back of the squad car, but nothing major.

14. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I wait for them to begin the cuffing sequence and then press triangle to disarm them.

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

16. Mac Kiwi macrumors 6502a

I cannot recommend it on a Harley. As soon as you full noise it the whole town knows where you are. I think I got a 400 slide fine out of that.

On a Ducati or something similar,well then it might have been a different ball game....this is 15 or so years ago mind you :D

17. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

In my naughtier days I did a few times. By 'run,' you do mean 'run' right? Not drive away, give chase etc.?

18. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

No.

But I have hid and or rain from them a few times at underage drinking parties, when they unexpectedly showed up. :D

Mind you, this is over 10 years ago.

19. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

20. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Whilst underage and drinking, I have run from the cops. The cop isn't going to spend his Friday night chasing down some teenager for drinking, especially when the house is full of even more who didn't run. (idiots)

21. Prelude2Tragedy macrumors regular

If it was on svrider, I read that thread too. Never ran from the cops though. Also I have a 2003 SV1000s copper. Great bike and great color!

22. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I have by foot.

My friends and I set off the security alarm of the TD Bank building in downtown Toronto. We ended up escaping from the building and running outside, where it was snowing and freezing cold. Must have been -20 C. We split up and all managed to get away. :)

It was one of these buildings.

[​IMG]

Good times. ;)

23. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

Nah. Not worth the energy. They all know me by name. Besides, I was probably the one who called them in!

e