Every T-Mobile in my area said no one is getting the 6 Plus on Friday

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andyACEcandy, Sep 17, 2014.

1. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

I just called every T-Mobile in my area of Dallas and Fort Worth, TX and every single one said the same thing.

"We aren't receiving any iPhone 6 Pluses this Friday but can pre-order them for you and have them shipped to you I think sometime in October. We will be receiving a limited supply of iPhone 6s though"

I asked several of them to confirm if all the T-Mobile stores in the area are in the same situation. They were very adamant in explaining that no store that they know of in the area is receiving any 6+ devices this Friday.

That's pretty crazy if true... I could understand limited supply but to be receiving NONE in a huge metroplex like Dallas/Fort Worth is pretty surprising. :eek:

2. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

All that means is that Apple retail stores will have plenty of supply. By plenty I mean at least a few hundred units per store, not a dozen or so as some people have suggested.

3. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

If a guy at a T-Mobile said it, then it must be true. They are always they most informed about the entire launch process, and their word is gold.

For example, a guy at a Verizon store was explaining to my sister that the iPhone 6 Plus comes with the new Apple Watch included. That's what the "Plus" stands for! :rolleyes:

4. andyACEcandy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah but I do find it a little convincing that every store manager I've spoken to has said the same thing. They've been very clear about no store in our area receiving the 6+ model and that they could only order those for the time being.

I think the other poster nailed it... looks like the 6+ model will be available in Apple stores predominantly.

I wonder what the case is for AT&T, Verizon, Sprint...

5. 617aircav Suspended

Same thing here in nj, well kinda. They won't have anything above 16gb.

6. andyACEcandy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't wanna waste my time going to a T-Mobile store since it's highly unlikely they'll have a 6+

That would suck to wait in line and them tell you they don't have it lol

7. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I went into a T-Mobile store and they already have cases for the iPhone 6 but none for 6+. I guess its correct then that they won't have any or very few pluses.

8. exodiusprime macrumors regular

exodiusprime

I debated last Friday when the T-Mobile/Apple sites didn't work to wait in line tomorrow for possibly getting a 6+ as it seemed like it might've been better ordering in the store (I went to the T-Mobile store on Preston and Park Blvd). Their systems were also down, so I just tried again online. Would've been really upset to wait in line for nothing.

9. andyACEcandy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I went to my T-Mobile store today and only say iPhone 6 cases... no 6+ anything

10. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

My buddy who works at a T-Mobile Store says his store just received a stock of about 30 iPhone 6. He doesn't know if any of them are the Plus

11. Kaenon macrumors regular

I was told that same thing .

30 iPhone 6. No 6+.
    10 of each kind (don't know if they meant 10 of each color for 16GB, or 10 of each memory for one color...)

12. andyACEcandy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Both T-Mobile stores I went to only had about 20 iPhone 6 in stock... lol

No Plus models but they gave out Free Next Day Shipping and guaranteed them by end of next week.. which I found very odd and probably BS

13. erzhik macrumors 6502

No supply at carrier stores means exactly the opposite of what you said. If Apple didn't have enough phones for everyone, they would put their own flagship stores and other smaller company stores as priority for that limited number of phones available. They would rather drive customers to their own stores than carrier stores.

14. BrandonHacks macrumors regular

BrandonHacks

15. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Same here in Detroit. Stopped at the 10 mile and Greenfield store at 7:45am, store opened at 8am. Only 3 people in line. They only had iP6's in 64GB, all three colors. No Pluses, and no 16GB or 128GB. The store manager told me that no TMobile stores in the area would have any 6 pluses today, so don't bother going/calling every store around. Decided the plus would be too big for my liking anyways, so I walked out in 30 minutes with a Space Grey 64GB iP6. Perfect size, in my opinion. Pretty happy now...