Everybody has iPhones now... Anyone notice?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XciteMe, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XciteMe macrumors 6502

OK I may sound like a snob/wannabe-elitist when I say this, but here goes.

Has anybody noticed that everybody and their grandma owns an iPhone now?

NO of course this is not a bad thing, but I can't help but notice how many I run across on a normal day out and about.

I think the $99 3G really made it possible for everybody to get an iPhone, compared to even a year ago when it was kind of like a "collecter's item." Meaning that you didn't see 500 of them every day... The guy on the bus who whipped out his 3G in the summer of 2008 was a tech god... Now he's just one of many.

It's like as iPhone owners, we used to be like the Marines, the few - the proud. Now we're the many - the proud.

Wish iPhones were more expensive so that way you didn't see a bunch of 19-year-old college kids running around with them.

I want to feel like I own the most amazing, advanced and expensive device on the market. :(

2. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I just don't like it when I see young kids with iPhones. I don't think any kid deserves the biggest and best item out there for any gadget or item if he/she doesn't pay for it themselves. If they are given the best all their life then they will never learn that they need to work hard for success.

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Is there a problem with 19 year olds having an iPhone?

4. XciteMe thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah it's too advanced and smart for them. They should have like Sidekicks or BB Curves or something.

5. juswest macrumors regular

6. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Huh. I'll have to go sell my 3GS, that I bought with my money, that I use for communication with my full time job and company that I co-own, and get a blackberry. iPhone too smartz 4 meh.

7. lollicup macrumors regular

Can we please lock this thread

there have been like 20x threads about this

a) the OP states that he is not a snob, but has false sense of entitlement
    b) feels that the iphone has become too mainstream
    c) general whining

OP you are a sad individual, the fact that you judge your self-worth by what you own = sad

8. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

There shouldn't be a problem with anyone have an iPhone. It's best for all of us because the more people who have them, the more other companies will want to lure them away to their own phones giving us better choices & forcing Apple to also do more innovation so they keep their customers.

I notice ALOT of people with the iPhones these days. We ate out at a Chili's the other night & the people in the booth across from us each had one. It was a woman in her late 30's showing her mom in her 60's how to use her new phone. Then, the guy in the booth behind them also had one. I had to fly out of town on business a few weeks ago & was in the Atlanta airport. I think 10% of the people had one.

9. Konz macrumors regular

You sound like an extremely jaded / jealous person... and that's unfortunate.

Also, if you get angry over kids having nice phones I can't even imagine the massive dump you must take in your pants every time you see a 16 year old in a new Mercedes or BMW.

Rich people are allowed to give their kids nice things, and plenty of young people these days get part time jobs starting at age 14 or 15.

10. kmaute macrumors 6502

kmaute

I bet you chuckle every time you bite into a Big Mac thinking of those silly Ethiopians. They don't have food, I'm better than them.

Have you heard about Windows Mobile? I think you should look into one of their phones. It would make me feel better as a iPhone user myself if you didn't own one. Also, Windows 7 is damn good (you should consider switching if you own a Mac.) I don't particularly care to be grouped with folks like you.

11. samcraig macrumors P6

"I want to feel like I own the most amazing, advanced and expensive device on the market."

So because someone else owns the same phone as you you don't feel it's the most amazing, advanced and expensive device on the market?

Explain to us how someone else owning the same item as you makes you feel like the iPhone is any less "amazing". Did your iPhone stop working when someone else bought one?

Here's a thought. Enjoy your phone and stop comparing yourself to other people. And stop comparing other people to yourself. You'll be much happier.

There will ALWAYS be someone who has more, less or the same as you. Who cares. Enjoy what you have and stop worrying about anyone else

12. Konz macrumors regular

The OP is too poor to afford anything that's actually unique and difficult to obtain, so he resorts to belittling everyone who owns the same products as him in order to feel superior.

Must be a real classy guy, no wonder he can't afford anything special :rolleyes:

13. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

14. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Everyone owns an iPhone because it is the most amazing, advanced device on the market. My advice is to find something to be more proud of in your life other than having expensive ****.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yep, you do sound like a snob.

You are completely pathetic.:rolleyes:

16. macintosh.apple macrumors 6502

You'd be surprised at how 19 year olds are smarter than you.

17. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

Was this sarcasm? I REALLY hope it was. Otherwise it's the most stupid comment I have ever read on here.

18. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I owned a 2G iphone as soon as it came out, and it was certainly rare. Now I do see iphones everywhere, yes. And I LIKE that. First and foremost, because I think it's a great device, and I like seeing other people enjoying it. And second, because I own apple stock. ;)

19. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.