Everyone got a different control center

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
In ios 8 beta 4 apple tweaked it's Control center. As I was going through the screen shots, I found that all of them were different to each other... What I mean is that some of them had blurred ares, but when something like wifi is "on", it shows white are around it.. While some have a blue area since the back ground is blue, while some what their whole control center in blue including the brightness and volume level..

If u look closely, you'll notice between 2 similar ones..

I don't know which one was intended by apple, but I think the iPad one is the best.

I've got my pics from
Twitter .. Just type in ios 8 beta 4 control center and see the pics ... I found these many

View attachment 481721

Last edited by SandboxGeneral:

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2011
It’s easy to explain.

The blurred effect is the transparency effect of iOS 7 and iOS 8. Some more than others, as the effect can be on or off. (Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast > Reduce Transparency [OFF]).

There are two areas that are different between Beta 4 and pre-Beta 4.

The areas involved are the "circle" icons for Airplane Mode, Wifi, etc, and the area between the lines around the Brightness setting and the AirDrop/AirPlay settings.

Those screenshots with the areas filled in are iOS 8 beta 4. The "open" circles and the spaces between the lines for brightness and AirDrop/AirPlay are pre-beta 4.

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Settle down OP, you're question has been answered.
I'm
Sorry I do to know how to post all my attachments in my thread all at once.. I'm on my phone and it's not possible to do so.. Sorry.. But now I think my point will be cleared ..

I know everything about transparency and it's not that... Look closely... Ull notice...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm
Sorry I do to know how to post all my attachments in my thread all at once.. I'm on my phone and it's not possible to do so.. Sorry.. But now I think my point will be cleared ..

I know everything about transparency and it's not that... Look closely... Ull notice...
After all those images the explanation provided earlier in the thread still seems to apply.

ErikGrim

macrumors 601
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
It’s transparency and blur. Not sure what you think is going on here. It takes on the colours of the background. Weirded me out at first because it didn’t look transparent in Facebook. Turns out I was just looking at text on white and the greater blurring in b4 just eradicated any details.

But yes, that’s all there is to it.

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
After all those images the explanation provided earlier in the thread still seems to apply.
I think I didn't explain my topic.. What I was saying is that .. When sonething is toggled on .. In some there is only white.. While in some there are other shades because of backgrounds, while in the iPad pic, it's completely blue in color...in one of the iphone pic, with a black background, there are other shades with that white, while with the other black pic, it's only white with no shade of the background.. How is reduce transperency affected.. That reduce transparency completely changes the look of the CC making it some what like iphone 4's

This is reduced transperency

Attachments

ErikGrim

macrumors 601
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
I think I didn't explain my topic.. What I was saying is that .. When sonething is toggled on .. In some there is only white.. While in some there are other shades because of backgrounds, while in the iPad pic, it's completely blue in color...in one of the iphone pic, with a black background, there are other shades with that white, while with the other black pic, it's only white with no shade of the background.. How is reduce transperency affected.. That reduce transparency completely changes the look of the CC making it some what like iphone 4's
It’s how the highlights are calculated. With most light backgrounds it gets pushed to white. With something like a dark blue background you get a light cyan instead.

It looks like an additive filter is used for the highlights if you want to get technical.

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
It’s transparency and blur. Not sure what you think is going on here. It takes on the colours of the background. Weirded me out at first because it didn’t look transparent in Facebook. Turns out I was just looking at text on white and the greater blurring in b4 just eradicated any details.
But yes, that’s all there is to it.

In all of these pics look at the wifi in control center, some is only white, some has blue, some has shades of the background , while in similar pics, they are just plain white.

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
It’s how the highlights are calculated. With most light backgrounds it gets pushed to white. With something like a dark blue background you get a light cyan instead.

It looks like an additive filter is used for the highlights if you want to get technical.
Ohk.. So it's like.. If it's required, it's there ..kind of that?

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
No it’s that with most light colours, when you use an additive filter and high amounts of blur it will just turn white. Just try it out on different backgrounds yourself and you’ll see what I mean.
I'm sorry I don't have ios 8 only any of my devices.

Boomsdog

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2013
No it’s that with most light colours, when you use an additive filter and high amounts of blur it will just turn white. Just try it out on different backgrounds yourself and you’ll see what I mean.
But on my iPad mini, it shows up white over the same background as one of the blue screenshots...

sird28

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2012
I feel like this is another older hardware things that happened with ipad 3 with the transparency on NC and CC.

I have an iphone 5 and the button when active is white while I think I have seen the A7 chips (ipad air, ipad mini 2, and iphone 5s have it transparent.

Thats what I have found at least.

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
I feel like this is another older hardware things that happened with ipad 3 with the transparency on NC and CC.

I have an iphone 5 and the button when active is white while I think I have seen the A7 chips (ipad air, ipad mini 2, and iphone 5s have it transparent.

Thats what I have found at least.
That was exactly that I was thinking.. But u do get the point I'm
Talking on right?

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.