Everyone That's Had to Replace the Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Bbqthis, May 9, 2015.

1. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

How long did it take from the time you sent off your faulty watch to the time you received your replacement?

I have dust under the glass and it drives me crazy, but I'm leaving the country in 10 days so I'd have to get it back before that.

2. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

3. Bbqthis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Are you speaking from experience or speculation?

4. Tehfez macrumors member

It's a week every time. I have been without mine for two weeks because the replacement was damaged before packaging.

5. truesepho macrumors regular

Went to an Apple Store on the 29th of April for a scratch on the screen, got it back on the 7th of May :roll eyes:
    You might have just enough time...

6. Bbqthis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

So if I sent it out on Monday I would get it the Monday after? Or Friday?

7. Rowsten macrumors newbie

I sent mine off on Tuesday and received a new one on Friday. Based in the UK.

8. Tawmawse macrumors newbie

Applecare customer service rep told me they'd ship the box out overnight and the entire process should take around 3-4 days

9. Bbqthis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Hmm this would be an easier decision if I knew when in store replacements would start.

10. riffola macrumors member

If you have AppleCare+ you can ask for an express replacement. They put a credit card hold and ship you the replacement. Once you get it, you ship the old one back. In my case that was about 4 days. They overnighted it via FedEx.

11. Bbqthis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

So they overnighted you the replacement and then you ship back the defective unit? So what took 4 days? Them to receive and process the defective unit?

12. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

What are you guys having issues with on your watch?

13. Bbqthis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Mine is dust under the sapphire cover. Like it said in my first post...haha but you probably weren't asking me.

14. riffola macrumors member

I have not sent the old one back. I'll drop that off at FedEx on Monday. Who knows how long it takes for them to get it back & process it. But for your purposes it should not matter because you'll have your replacement and then everything else is left to FedEx & Apple.

15. Bbqthis, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015

Bbqthis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

So it took them about 4 days to process it but then they overnighted it? But you were never without a watch right?

16. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

Im in the U.S.
    called them up on monday, had my replacement tuesday.
    applecare+ (express replacement route)

17. Bbqthis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Where in the US? I'm in the Bay Area and I just set up my Express Replacement. I hope being in Apple's backyard helps mine come soon...

18. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

kansas my friend.

19. Bbqthis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Gotcha. Well crossing my fingers! I'm just glad to not have to be watchless for any given time. I really am loving this thing.

20. Anya B macrumors 6502

Anya B

How lucky are you?

I sent mine off on Tuesday and I'm still waiting for confirmation thats its arrived with the engineers. If I'm lucky I might hear something tomorrow. I even have Apple care+ and thats not making any difference.

My hold up was that the Applecare senior advisor I've been dealing with doesn't work on Thursday's and Friday's (he failed to share this information with me).

I just made the assumption that I would be waiting until July for a replacement, am I wrong?

21. Bbqthis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Did you send it off as a normal warranty claim exchange or as an Express Replacement?

22. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Mine was broken and they said the fastest way for replacement was just to do a product replacement. They said 2-3 weeks shipping, annoyed because it seems everyone else is getting theirs early and they told me that the way I did it was the fastest route.

23. Anya B macrumors 6502

Anya B

I returned the Watch using Express 12hr through DHL if thats what you mean. Not sure if anything was defined when I was in talks with the senior advisor. The same advisor is ignoring me now which is nice.

----------

Ha Ha .....we meet again on a different thread. Think you are I are the exception to this mystical express replacement thingy. :rolleyes:

24. Rowsten macrumors newbie

I first had to take it to the apple store so I had a reference number from them, I don't know if that made a difference but it's possible.

25. Anya B macrumors 6502

Anya B

I'm guessing that makes all the difference then. I wasn't told to do that and now I'll have to wait until the 3rd generation watch before I'll get mine. :D

Oh well, there are worse things that can happen, right?