Everything Apple Announced Today in Five Minutes

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 12, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today held its annual September iPhone-centric event, and this year's keynote saw the debut of some of the most impressive devices we've seen from the company in years.

It took Apple two hours to introduce the iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, Apple Watch Series 3 and 4K Apple TV, but we've recapped the entire event in just over five minutes for those of you who would like to get a quick overview of all the announcements.

The $999 iPhone X was the main event at today's keynote, with the device featuring the most advanced technology ever available in an iPhone. It has an entirely revamped design with an edge-to-edge display and a glass body, plus it features new facial recognition capabilities that replace Touch ID, an A11 Bionic chip, inductive wireless charging, and dozens of other improvements.

Its companion devices, the iPhone 8 ($699) and the iPhone 8 Plus ($799) are also impressive. Though these two iPhones are similar in design to the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus and lack facial recognition, they too feature glass bodies that enable wireless charging and an A11 Bionic chip, among other improvements.

The Apple Watch Series 3 looks like the Apple Watch Series 2, but it features a faster processor and new LTE functionality, allowing it to operate independently of the iPhone for the first time. Pricing on the LTE Apple Watch Series 3 starts at $399, while a non-LTE version is available at prices that start at $329. A selection of new bands have also been introduced alongside the new Apple Watch.

Last but not least, Apple introduced the new 4K Apple TV, which features support for 4K HDR streaming. There's a new A10X Fusion processor in the Apple TV, but design wise, it's identical to the fourth-generation Apple TV. Pricing on the new Apple TV starts at $179.

With the exception of the iPhone X, all of Apple's new devices will be available for pre-order on Friday, September 15 ahead of a Friday, September 22 launch date. The iPhone X will launch on November 3, with pre-orders for that device available on October 27.

For a complete recap of all of our coverage today, make sure to check out our dedicated recap post, which has links to all of our articles covering new products introduced following today's event.

Article Link: Everything Apple Announced Today in Five Minutes

2. MisterAndrew macrumors 6502

MisterAndrew

Now if only they would allow preorders for prepaid customers on Verizon, AT&T and Sprint.

3. centauratlas macrumors 6502a

centauratlas

This is the way to see the announcements, no fluff so no TLDR OR TLDW. Thanks

I think the Apple Watch is worth a look now

4. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I’m waiting for the first site to do an “Everything Apple announced in 15 seconds” video.

5. RogerWilco macrumors 6502

RogerWilco

But everything was improved and sealed, microscopically. :cool:

Repeat as needed: We cracked it, Titan, glucose...

6. Williesleg macrumors member

7. mikecorp macrumors 6502

mikecorp

Typical Apple 128Gb gone, 512GB gone. prices up.
    well iphone x with 256GB for 1.329 euro ....... hmmm let me think about that. I wait a year or two, this price is ridiculous.

you make couple videos in 4k and 64GB is full in no time.
    This is pathetic I do not play this game anymore.

8. Nik macrumors 6502a

It is exactly like every Apple product release:

Step 1: People got high expectations.
    Step 2: People are underwhelmed by the keynote and complain like crazy.
    Step 3: People see the device in real life for the first time. And buy it.

9. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

Hamburglar.jpeg Becareful, Apple. This guy and his pals will pull some magic to get those without paying.

10. mikecorp macrumors 6502

mikecorp

Apple watch next generation must have face time. that is a must.

11. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

I was working on a similar video, but it's hard to hold the "o" in "Animoji" for five minutes straight. :p

12. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

13. Bardin macrumors newbie

So the people on Apple upgrade program have to make September's and October's payments because the release of IPhone X is delayed until 10/27. Thanks Apple for taking approx $83.16 more from me for my 7 plus!!!.

14. CrazyForApple macrumors 6502a

CrazyForApple

I loved the "One More Thing" part which i think everyone knew was coming.

15. WannaGoMac macrumors 68000

Heck with 4k. What a waste of space for majority of uses. 1080p is good, heck most of time i use 720p video...
    Of course, with the new h265 in iOS 11 maybe I will switch, but for now the space premium isnt worth it, seriously.

16. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

It's a trap.

17. jicon macrumors 6502

Frankly... Not impressed with prices.

$1752 CAD for a 256GB phone after tax? Forget it. Exchange rate is being factored in poorly. The $999 USD base model is coming in at over $1300 CAD.

Apple Watch I'd be looking for three or more days charge before needing to be recharged again before purchase. I don't have an interest in the cellular version.

18. inscrewtable macrumors 68000

inscrewtable

When Federighi entered the passcode was that because the face id didn't work or was it a deliberate joke or some other reason?

19. falcn macrumors member

falcn

Your profile pic goes well with your reply.

20. inscrewtable macrumors 68000

inscrewtable

Bye Felicia

21. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

Didn't use it correctly i assume.

22. jjhny macrumors regular

jjhny

Hmmm - some interesting things but not enough to make me spend my money at this point. A bit overpriced in a saturated market.

23. falcn macrumors member

falcn

They forgot to do the first unlock after reboot, which always require a passcode, or phone crashed and rebooted at some point while it was waiting to be presented.

24. underdog1234 macrumors member

I am a bit annoyed that the price in the UK will be the exact same as the price in dollars. When you go on the exchange rate it would $1327.50 for the 64GB and $1526.82 for the 256GB.

Why are we being ripped off so badly?