Everything is Don't Buy or Neutral

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Big Boss Man, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Big Boss Man macrumors regular

I noticed everything in the Buyer's Guide is now Don't Buy or Neutral at best. Does this happen often? Has Apple neglected the rest of their products to release the iPad?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Buyer's Guide is everything but accurate. It's just a basic script which changes the recommendation not a human. It changes to "Don't buy" when it passes the approximate amount of days since update.

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

The recommendations there are based solely on time-since-model-refresh and have nothing to do with the actual quality of the machine.

4. Big Boss Man thread starter macrumors regular

I do realize the recommendations are based only on timing. I was just wondering if it was normal that all products are in the latter half of their life cycle.

5. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Every product is in the second half of its life time half of the time, so this wouldn't be too unusual. But then the iMacs have just been updated, the MacBook and the MacMini Server are quite new.

6. Henri Gaudier macrumors 6502a

Henri Gaudier

It would help if they reduced their prices as the machines aged and became more and more out dated but they don't. You can't really get at Apple; their practices are absolutely sh*t but they prosper. So they don't have to change do they? Only if they take a severe dive will they become concerned by what people think. It'a an age old story. If they could sell Core Duo in a nice case made by children for 5K they would.;)

7. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2