everywhere i go, i see people using iphones......

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nhw, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhw macrumors member

gosh,

everytime when i turn around. theres someone using an iphone. i mean.... i love apple and all. but even kids got them. i miss the old times, when apple wasnt that popular. it was special to use their product. now......not so special anymore. even today, at the apple store in valley fair......there was a small line of people waiting for the 3g. wow....... and some people just dont look classic enough to have an iphone.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

looks like it's time for you to move back to a Motorola. :D

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

the iPhone is in the iPod family and we all know how popular the iPod was when it first came out. iPhone is now mainstream but Macs havent quite got there yet… i dont know if thats a good thing though?

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I assume you mean "classy", regardless, that is the lamest statement I've read today (though it is early). The iPhone is just a phone that does other things. LG has put out phones that were smart phones with music players for a while now. I'm not sure if there is a certain class of people who should have the iPhone. I'm probably not classy enough for such a device but I had $400 to spare (1st gen) so I bought it. I don't think I was sized up prior to purchase though. :rolleyes:

5. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

i havnt seen one iPhone in my area aside from my friend, my dad, and my self!

6. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

7. nhw thread starter macrumors member

classy....that's what i meant. it is early (7am) im just waiting for the USA basketball game.

i was just trying to say.... its everywhere. like the v3. and at the apple store, you can tell there are certain types of people that brought their whole family trying to act. all the 3gs they can and dump them on ebay.

just wishing it wasnt such a big hit, and feel special having it.

8. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Get yourself a Motorola bag phone, you'll likely never see anyone else with one. It's black too a very classy color.

9. dakevmann macrumors newbie

I agree...I had the money to spare..(so does that make me classy)?

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

11. benfilan macrumors 6502

benfilan

its fun having a niche product and its cool to get the stares and the questions from strangers about the iPhone (my my 2nd gen iPod way back when) but the more popular Apple becomes, the more money they make, and the more they invest in R&D and continue to produce really awesome stuff. :D

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No offense, but this is just a sad statement. Why don't you check out the Vertu line of phones if you something that very few other people will have.

http://www.tourneau.com/Tourneau/Ma...ollection~Vertu Constellation Collection.aspx

And here is a review of one of the models

http://www.geardiary.com/2008/08/04/the-vertu-ascent-and-the-vertu-constellation-a-pictorial/

Enjoy!

13. Ozzhead macrumors member

Like said above selling tons of iphones is a great thing, awesome for us apple users. every time apple sells a lot of a product just gives them more reason to go back and make some other awesome products. For example, look how well the frist gen ipod did. So many people bought them so they kept making them better and better, and now we have a touch. But like the OP said it is weird how sooo many people/kids have them, but then again who doesnt own least ipod.

14. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

That's a pretty pathetic statement... :rolleyes:

15. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Yeah I didn't know you had to look classy to own an iPhone. I thought all you had to have was the need to use a phone.

16. RL420 macrumors member

dude i totally feel the same way. the iphone is a LUXURY phone, not a freakin sidekick :confused:

people are like skipping out on theyre rent JUST so they can say they have an "iphone" its rediculous

it takes the fun out of having a top of the line phone when ghetto looking people have one also :mad:

it may be shallow but

I LIKE BEING ENVIED

i almost wish they wouldnt of dropped the price..

imo
    , the iphone is for the hip young modern individual

17. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

so because my husband and i have tattoos and only KINDA decent cars, we shouldnt be carrying an iphone.. really, if you need to feel special by having a phone, then you need to figure out some things.

18. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

At my job, there used to be like 3 or 4 of us with iPhones. Now, there are at least a dozen. Plus, we work on Macs, so when I hear the mail sound or SMS sound, I have to pick up my phone to see if it was for me.

Apple: Let us use ringtones for texts!

19. RL420 macrumors member

who said ANYTHING about tattoos :rolleyes:

as far as im concerned alot of wealthy people have had ink done, this is 2008

i think we are refering to the people who cant necessarily afford the phone/monthly bill, but splurge on it just to look cool..

its already been proven the 3g service is more expensive than the original 2g
    so where were all these kids once the ORIGINAL iphone came out?

they see that 200 dollar price tag and HELLOOO INSTANT COOLNESS

20. wronski macrumors 6502

So what you're saying is that you only want you and a few others using good products in order to issue feelings of superiority?

21. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

may i ask why my post got deleted? the "elitism" rl420 has portrayed in post #16 is absurd and uncalled for

22. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

you didnt mention tattoos, but you said "classical" looking.. Umm, yea.. tattoos not "classical"

Or.. what about teh fact that our cars are probably tacky, ugly, kinda old cars, or that we have a big old TV and older furniture in a small house?? what about the fact that we buy MOST of our stuff second hand instead of new because we want to save money to pay our bills??

You really need help - to rely on a phone for a self esteem boost is just plain sad. Maybe you should talk with a therapist about you inadequecies

23. RL420 macrumors member

sorry that the opinion of an absolute stranger bugs you so much :p

you must be one of the people we are refering to :D

24. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

i think its funny that you can JUDGE an absolute stranger on their right to own an iphone. You dont know anything about their situation, how they got it, or how much money they make.. what makes you so superior that YOU can judge?

25. RL420 macrumors member

lmao hunny if you need help paying your bills, you really dont need a 200 dollar phone bill every month :p:p:D

anywaysss, i wasnt the one who said "classic"

ps. my self esteem is just fine, but thanks for the diagnosis dr phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.