Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bergedse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2020
Gothenburg, Sweden
Does anybody know if there are official measurements for the height and width of the iPhone 12 mini screen? I’m talking specifically about the screen now, not the entire device. I know that we have the official 5,4” number for the diagonal screen measurement, but having exact numbers for the width and height would give us the ability to calculate the actual screen area in square cm/square inches.

Since the newer form factor phones have a different aspect ratio than the phones with the older form factor, comparing the actual screen area (length x width) would give us a better idea of the size difference than just measuring diagonally.

EDIT: I guess you could calculate this based on knowing the aspect ratio as well as the diagonal screen size but I’m not really sure how to do this... Anyone else maybe? Any smart math people out there? ?

Last edited:

bobmans

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2020
13.76 cm diagonally (if it were a rectangle screen without rounded colors) is all that's mentioned, possibly you can do some calculations to get the width/height from that because you can get the width/height ratio from the screen resolution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.