Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stacked

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
UPDATE: Took the phone back to the Apple Store and got it exchanged no problem. They actually had to process a return and my AT&T eligibility reset instantly. This phone doesn't have the screen issue like the previous one. Only thing is the TouchID has a little play (a bit loose) to it when I lightly rub my finger over it (not pressing).

TSMC chip too for what's its worth. Original was a Samsung.

Looks like a keeper !

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I think a bigger issue is will you get the same iPhone 6S? If you purchased your iPhone 6S at an ATT store then you received a phone that has Band 30. If you got your ATT phone at an Apple store then there is no Band 30. Band 30 is hardware dependent.
That is incorrect. Even if you purchase an att model at the Apple Store it does come with band 30.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
I think a bigger issue is will you get the same iPhone 6S? If you purchased your iPhone 6S at an ATT store then you received a phone that has Band 30. If you got your ATT phone at an Apple store then there is no Band 30. Band 30 is hardware dependent.

So the question becomes if you return your ATT iPhone 6S that you purchased at an ATT store to Apple will they replace with another Band 30 iPhone 6S or give you their non-Band 30 phone.

I am currently faced with this problem as I may have a hardware issue with my iPhone 6S that I purchased at an ATT store and bought the AppleCare warranty.

Don

Yes, an AT&T iPhone 6S purchased at an Apple Store will also have Band 30. It does not matter if you got the AT&T iPhone 6S from AT&T of from the Apple Store. Both will have Band 30! Band 30 is not exclusive to an AT&T "store purchase".

Warranty support is only provided by Apple, so you can go to Apple and get a warranty replacement or return your AT&T store purchase and repurchase at the Apple Store. Next plans are available in Apple stores.

Dave

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Did they run your credit again? I did this too, and it ran my credit twice so now I have two hard checks within 3 days on my credit all bc Apple sold a defective phone.

The credit checks don't matter in this case since it was within a short period from the same source.

Dave

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Did they run your credit again? I did this too, and it ran my credit twice so now I have two hard checks within 3 days on my credit all bc Apple sold a defective phone.
I think OP used the AT&T Next program instead of the iUP. With AT&T Next it is not a hard hit.

Cancelled
Feb 27, 2014
Hi Dave and Shadowbech,

I had heard to the contrary that Band 30 were only available from phones purchased at ATT. Good to know that if I need to use the Apple warranty return on my ATT purchased Next iPhone 6S that I will get a Band 30 phone.

Cheers,

Don

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Hi Dave and Shadowbech,

I had heard to the contrary that Band 30 were only available from phones purchased at ATT. Good to know that if I need to use the Apple warranty return on my ATT purchased Next iPhone 6S that I will get a Band 30 phone.

Cheers,

Don
Not sure where you heard that contrary but wherever you heard it from is completely incorrect. So yes AT&T model purchased in Apple store will have band 30 and this has been the case since day 1.

Reactions: LLL1424
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.