exchanged 8GB for 32GB

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by patp, Dec 20, 2010.

1. patp Guest

and am so glad I did. Amazed at how much stuff I can cram onto this little wonder.

The 8GB model was really 6.5 GB. Very limiting.

Now I have all of my music, plus Season 3 of BSG, a couple of movies, various other TV shows, a ton of apps.

For $70 more you get 4x the storage. I did the math. It's a better deal.

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

32GB is the ideal amount for me as well. I don't think my next phone/iPod is going to be less than 32GB.

3. patp thread starter Guest

seriously 32 gb is about right. You can get a lot of music on here, TV shows, movies. Plus I like the idea of not topping out the storage and having some headroom. nice to know i have some extra storage in case I want to take some pics or alot of videos.

4. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

Here is another math calculation

8Gb iTouch = $30 per GB
    32BG iTouch = $10 per GB
    64GB iTouch = $6 per GB

:apple:

5. patp thread starter Guest

thats a real calculation, mine was just vague references to a calculation! :D

6. Drucifer macrumors regular

The prices here in Canada for the 8GB, 32GB, and 64GB are $250, $320, and $430 respectively.

After tax the 64GB would cost close to $500 which I wouldn't pay. I'd rather spend that kind of money and put it towards a new laptop or an iPad. The 8GB is the biggest rip off at only $80 less than the 32GB model after calculating sales tax here where I live. For an extra $80 you get 4 times the storage.

I'm sure I could use the 64GB worth of storage but I'd rather save myself the $125 and just spend more time managing music and videos. Any videos I record would be transfered to the computer almost right away so that isn't a huge deal.

I once purchased an 8GB iPod Touch for my wife thinking she would probably never fill it and sure enough she had it full in no time. I can't really see anyone being to make due with a 8GB especially with the new devices that require more storage for the iOS, I heard you only get something like 6.5GB on the 4th Gen models.

7. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

I've had an 8 GB, 4th gen. for two months now. I bought it because I really wanted mobile internet as well as a tiny computer. Sure I have a few songs on it and I do listen to them occasionally, but I don't have any movies on it. Once in awhile I'll watch something from Netflix in bed. I could have gotten a 32 GB but am also saving up for a 2nd generation iPad.

For my needs, it's perfect.