Exchanging 6+ (bought w/AT&T Next)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ronaldcastillo, Nov 16, 2014.

1. ronaldcastillo macrumors 6502a

I received my 6+ last Wednesday, but realized there's a dark tint/smudge on the center part of the display. It's not noticeable during the day, but you can see it during the night when there's a white background (iMessage/Safari/Etc.) How would it work if I wanted to exchange it for another 6+ that was ordered under the Next plan?

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Where did you buy the 6 Plus? You would have to return it to the store you purchased it from, get your refund back and the eligibility back and then re purchase it again.

From my experience at the apple store, they had to process the device as a return, put the money on the gift card and get my eligiblity reset and then repurchase a new one.

I know that usually with device being purchased full price that they just do a straight out exchange. But not sure if they can do this on when financed or contract.

3. ronaldcastillo thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was purchased form applestore.com. The local apple stores don't have the model in stock at the moment, but I believe I have 14 days.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Why not just make a Genius appointment and see if they will repair or replace it?

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

You also have the option to exchange for a "refurb".

6. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If you have an apple store near you, you can take it to the Apple store and do an exchange. And yes you have 14 days to do a return/exchange.

Also if you are within your return period, don't settle for a replacement. Just do a straight out return/exchange. For me a genius bar replacement is not acceptable if the device was purchased less than a month of use and if it's within 14 days. For me, after one month of use then I will consider the genius bar replacement acceptable. But that's just me.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

OP mentioned they were out of stock.

8. ronaldcastillo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes. I wanted to exchange for a brand new one. Would it be a hassle if it was done over the phone? Like you stated, I don't want a replacement for a device that I just received.

9. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Even if the store was out of stock, he can just return it and wait for it to restock and get a new one.

10. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

how long is the return window on the iPhone, i remember it being 30 days.

11. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

It's 14 days. Yes it used to be 30 days last year or so, but Apple changed it.

12. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yeah the OP's best bet is to head to the apple store and return it, if there's stock then get it, if not then just get refunded and wait.

13. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Of course. Based in the post, that didn't seem like it was an option seeing as how he is aware of the 24 day return policy.

14. ronaldcastillo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Problem is I already sold my 5s the day after (didn't realize the issue till Friday) and I don't think I can afford being phoneless. I called my local Apple Store and he did mention on how I can purchase a phone for now (full price), then return it once I'm able to get the model that I wanted (at&t next). But then, I rather not, since that phone can go to someone that will actually keep it long term. If I call Apple, will they someone be able to offer to mail me a new device?

15. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I don't think that would work, because you would have to return the phone, they will have to process the return, and mail you a new one after, which can take some time. Have you checked istocknow.com to check on the stock near your location?

Sucks that you sold your 5S but what I usually do with mine is I don't sell my other phone s until I know that the new one I have is in perfect condition.

16. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

just get a cheap phone until u can get another 6+

17. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Take it in to the Genius Bar and have them do a warranty replacement.

18. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

I had this same issue financing my iPhone 6 through AT&T Next. I ended up swapping about a month and a 1/2 in at my local Apple store and they just gave me a white box replacement and stated that the paperwork that they file will make it okay with AT&T and it will just show up in the system as the same phone and so I shouldn't have any issues with my trade in in a years time. So you should be fine I would imagine.

19. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

In your case, I'd take the white box phone at the Apple store. They're new phones. And they've been quality checked, unlike the ones in retail boxes.

20. ronaldcastillo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ended up sending back the phone yesterday. Decided to just get the 64gb while I'm at it (originally had 16gb). Does anyone know how long it takes for my upgrade (AT&T NEXT) to reset once Apple receives my shipment?

21. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

It really depends. No one can be certain. For me, regarding, two orders and two returns to the Apple warehouse, one was reset the same day that the phone was received by the warehouse; and the other was reset within 24 hours.

22. ronaldcastillo thread starter macrumors 6502a

They received my order (apple.com shows return completed). I tried ordering an iPhone on apple.com, but it's showing

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

You've reached the maximum number of iPhone 6 Plus devices you can purchase
    from the Apple Online Store.

Does that mean it's not back yet?

23. drubie macrumors member

It took ATT 8 days to reset my eligibility. What a hassle. Really bad customer service on the ATT side. You should do better with Apple.

24. ronaldcastillo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Order was received from Apple earlier this morning, I tried ordering a new iPhone on apple.com but it's giving me this message

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

You've reached the maximum number of iPhone 6 Plus devices you can purchase
    from the Apple Online Store.

25. ronaldcastillo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple received my iPhone 6 Plus 16GB, myAt&t is showing that my upgrade eligibility went back. I tried placing an order for an iPhone 6 Plus 64GB under the Next program again but it's giving me this memo. Strange thing is when I upgrade with an iPhone 6, it lets me process the order.

[​IMG]