Excited about 5.1 iPhone 4S/iPad 2/3 jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by moonman239, Mar 26, 2012.

?

Excited for iOS 5.1 Untethered A5 jailbreak?

1. Yes.

50 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. No.

15 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

I'm just wondering how many of you simply can't wait to jailbreak your phones on 5.1. I updated from 5.0.1 to 5.1 probably not knowing I'd get the urge later on to jailbreak my iPhone.

2. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

YES of-course i miss my tweaks:(:(

3. irDigital0l Guest

More excited to see what iOS 6 has in store for us at WWDC in June.

4. moonman239 thread starter macrumors 68000

No matter how much iOS6 has, a jailbroken device running iOS6 will have more.

Having said that, I would like to be able to use FaceTime anytime, anywhere, regardless of what carrier I'm connected to. Where in the AT&T contract does it say I may use Skype and other VOIP services, but not FaceTime? I'm pretty sure that's not in the contract.

If it's not forbidden in a user's contract, Apple should put it on his phone. I don't care what agreement Apple has with the carriers.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

All well and good with the "can't wait" idea, but unless you are one of the developers or one of their beta testers, wait you must (along with all of those who forgot the primary rule of jailbreaking or those who just purchased a new iDevice)

6. moonman239 thread starter macrumors 68000

Ah, yes. I'm wondering if I should save my blobs & APTickets now or when the jailbreak comes out.

I do at least one search a day to see if a jailbreak has been released. I even signed up to be notified by comex via e-mail. I've even contacted some of the famous jailbreak devs via Twitter, but last I checked I didn't get a response.

Didn't pod2g say he'd probably have a jailbreak out by the end of March? So I imagine we're very close to being able to jailbreak our A5 devices.

7. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

You asked the devs when the jailbreak was coming out and didn't get a response? That's strange. You'd think that'd be a rare question worth paying mind to.

8. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

With the reports of iPhone 5 going to production for potentially an August launch (maybe they're planning like iPad 3 to have plenty of supply this time), I would rather see the dev team hold the exploits for the new OS and new iPhone 5. I wasn't one of the crazies who "accidentally" pushed my iPhone 4S to 5.1, so I'm not itching for the jailbreak, and for those who bought a 5.1 iPad 3 or iPhone 4S, it's only a couple months till July\August.

9. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

Please stop calling it iPhone 5.

10. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Please stop trolling. You didn't comment on "iPad 3" .. don't be a troll. It's easier for people to understand "iPad 3" and "iPhone 5" as the evolution of the product, because sooner or later you're going to want "the new iPad" and not refer to 3rd gen.

So since you and everyone else knew EXACTLY what was being referenced, take your trolling elsewhere.

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Unfortunately, every thread I have opened today where she has posted, it is a troll post. :(
    I recommend just clicking the triangle to the bottom left and report it.
    Eventually, the forum mods will do what they usually do.

12. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Wait, r u saying I'm the one who should be reported? I'm sorry if my response was rude, it wasn't meant to be. (and I'm a HE not a she, hehe, fyi)... Hopefully u meant Mellissa. If I stepped on toes, I apologize I was just trying to use language that made sense "ipad 3" which I figure people know what I mean and iPhone 5 (since it SEEMS like it'd be t he name it'll be called or at least known and understood in the community)... :-( .

13. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Not at all, I was refering to "her" making troll posts.

14. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

;-)

15. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I wonder when they'll get around to that.

16. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Maybe when iPhone 5 comes out... oh wait, she won't let me call it that. I wonder if she has a crystal ball as to the name, haha.

17. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Regardless of what Apple calls it (The new iPhone or whatever), I believe the world will call it iPhone5
    Unless Apple disappoints and it is iPhone 4S-2nd generation

18. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I know. I was in Asia all week last week and if you say The New iPad they look at you funny and hand you a "brand new" iPad 2... but if you say iPad 3, they pull the new one out, haha. This will go down as one of the worst marketing blunders ever IMO

19. Yujenisis macrumors 6502

True.

Although, I tend to prefer Apple's implementation of things versus the inconsistent hack job that tends to be most of the Cydia stuff. Certainly not all as there's plenty of useful and non-buggy mods.

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Seems like more and more of her posts are the same.

21. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Sadly, it seems so :rolleyes:

22. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

The nature of the beast is that even if Apple releases iOS 6 with everything people want from the existing jailbreak, people will find new reasons to JB. There's something fun about being bad (and by "bad" I mean doing something "the man" doesn't want us to do) ... ;-)

23. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

I don't like stupidity. That's my issue. I don't like seeing people asking if their iPhones with basebands 7 updates later than what can unlocked with ultrasn0w can be unlocked, or if when the jailbreak to the latest firmware will be released because they sat through a 900MB firmware update by accident. I can see you guys having a ball. It's always fun when people agree with you, in this case, it's the ones who think they're superior on the Internet by saying lol or putting happy faces at the end of each post as they suck up to each other.

Einstein's ideas were rejected early on too. No one likes or understands the truly smart people like me. In fact, they'll claim this post is a sham and a lie because they don't agree with my philosophy. Thus proving my point.

24. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Your points are valid, however, this is a community, and communities support one another, even the idiots. If your goal is to be an elitist and compare yourself to Einstein, you should make an attempt to get your spelling, grammar, and overall sentence structure accurate per the language you're communicating in.

I dont see you actually contribute anything useful aside from an additional post on your post-count, which is against the rules of this forum. Please let's all get back on topic here.

25. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

not rejected, they just werent proven..yet.

if you dont like seeing people ask question about the new iphone, jailbreak, unlock etc. maybe try not opening the thread?? ;)

you can be the smartest person in the world, but if you cant control your own emotions over something as trivial as a forum thread, then you might as well be dumb.