Exclusive: Expercom Offers MacRumors Readers Best Prices on Custom 16-Inch MacBook Pros (Up to $409 Off), Apple TV 4K, and Apple Watch Series 5

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

MacRumors readers have a chance to save up to $409 on a collection of custom configuration 16-inch MacBook Pro models this week, thanks to our new exclusive partnership with Apple reseller Expercom. These notebooks are slight variations on the two base models offered by Apple, with added storage of up to 8TB, more RAM, and improved graphics.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Expercom. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The first model on sale is an upgrade on Apple's $2,399.00 16-inch MacBook Pro with 16GB RAM and a 512GB SSD. Expercom's custom configuration has an upgraded 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD, and AMD Radeon Pro 5300M with 4GB of GDDR6 memory; it's available for $2,597.94 ($201 off of Apple's original price).

The rest of the custom configurations are iterations on Apple's second base model with a 2.3GHz 8-core Intel Core i9 processor, 16GB RAM, a 1TB SSD, and AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 4GB of GDDR6 memory, which runs for $2,799.00. Expercom's models add 64GB RAM, up to 8TB SSD, and improved graphics with up to 8GB of GDDR6 memory. In total, these prices are the lowest you'll find online for the custom configuration MacBook Pros listed below.

Because they're custom configurations, shipping estimates are also slightly longer than normal, and the notebooks are estimated to be delivered within 10 to 19 business days. Expercom automatically discounts each 16-inch MacBook Pro below Apple's prices on the same custom configurations, but our readers can receive deeper discounts by entering the promo code macrumors at checkout.

Lastly, below you'll find a few sales on the Apple TV 4K and one model of the Apple Watch Series 5. The 32GB Apple TV 4K is on sale for $159, down from $179, representing one of the best prices currently available online for the streaming box. Expercom's deal on the Apple Watch Series 5 is for the 44mm Space Gray Aluminum model at $399, which is also a current low price for this version of the Apple Watch.

16-inch MacBook Pro

Use promo code "macrumors"
Apple TV 4K

• 32GB - $159, down from $179 ($20 off)
  • 64GB - $179, down from $199 ($20 off)
Apple Watch Series 5

Be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: Exclusive: Expercom Offers MacRumors Readers Best Prices on Custom 16-Inch MacBook Pros (Up to $409 Off), Apple TV 4K, and Apple Watch Series 5

Last edited:

expercom

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2020
Beware the terrible return policy.
Nacho98, we want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your purchase. Our return policy is similar to many online Apple dealers; you can return your purchase within 30 days for a refund. You can see the return window on our website: http://expercom.com/pages/policies

chino-rican, shipping for any MacBook Pro is just a penny!

Last edited:

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Expercom Struggles with their practices, a brief dabble on Google will show any of you this. Mainly, they play the game of where they allegedly show something in stock for a heavily discounted price, but then you receive a email after it’s been ordered that it’s ‘backordered/not in stock’, they charge the customer and you don’t have the product until XYZ date. They draw the customer in with a tempting price that doesn’t exist or is altered at the ‘checkout process’.

Also, they’re known _not_ to have a strong reputation with repairing Apple products, which I would advise corroborate with Apple directly if possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huck

payup

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
I got my 16” from Expercom when they had the same type of deal at launch. Took a while to build and ship, but worth it considering no tax + 300 off. The return policy is the worst among other retailers though, so make sure you are buying exactly what you want.

alpi123

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2014
Of course only the ridiculously expensive $5K model gets the "big" $400 discount. It's not like there aren't better deals for the rest of the models elsewhere.

perlstein

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2020
Pro tip, you can use both the macrumors promo code, and the appleinsider promo code on top of each other like I just did. Instead of paying 3,618.41 to Apple, I paid $3,097.56 to expercom.

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 10.00.08 AM.png

Nacho98

Suspended
Jul 11, 2019
Nacho98, we want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your purchase. Our return policy is similar to many online Apple dealers; you can return your purchase within 30 days for a refund. You can see the return window on our website: https://expercom.com/pages/policies

I know your return policy, which is why I made the post to begin with, so no point in telling me what it is when obviously I already know it's one of the worst in the industry. It's just as bad as B&H and Adorama and is about as unfriendly as it gets.

Beware the terrible customers who want to make a custom order and then send it back leaving a small company to foot the bill.
1) Then maybe the company shouldn't allow custom configurations if it's such a problem for them. Maybe hold them responsible, instead of end users returning a product that is offered for sale. If a business doesn't make sense, it doesn't make sense and that's on the business to determine, don't put it on the consumer to determine if someone else's business model makes sense.
2) This crap return policy applies to stock configurations too, so there goes all that nonsense about custom configuration returns anyway.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2011
Nacho98, we want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your purchase. Our return policy is similar to many online Apple dealers; you can return your purchase within 30 days for a refund. You can see the return window on our website: https://expercom.com/pages/policies

Did you check the link before pasting here? it says Page not Found!

StevieD100

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2014
Living Dangerously in Retirement
Of course only the ridiculously expensive $5K model gets the "big" $400 discount. It's not like there aren't better deals for the rest of the models elsewhere.
Not on the Right-hand (aka Europe) side of the Atlantic there aren't... Discounts worth anything more than a few ££ or Euros are rarer than hens teeth around here. The only things discounted are old stock.

Reactions: vmistery

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Expercom is also charging $499 for an iPhone 8, which is $50 MORE than Apple charges. And they add $8.80 for shipping.

Perfect example. Expercom Probably suspects that consumers don’t do their ‘homework‘ Per se, not realizing that they’re actually charging more than what Apple does for the iPhone, but they try to make it sound like you’re saving money (When you’re not) by the utilizing their shipping process.