Expectations....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sulpfiction, Aug 31, 2011.

?

Will iPhone 5 be MORE or LESS then you expected?

1. Jaw Dropper

35 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Big Flopper

32 vote(s)
    47.8%
  1. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

With all the hype, delays, rumors, concepts, & leaked parts pics surrounding the iPhone 5. Do you think when Apple formally announces it, it will be more or less then you anticipated?

With every day that passes, and the more rumors that come out, I think people are starting to expect more. I'm posting this just for fun and to get an idea of what people are thinking.

I for one think it's going to shock all of us...In a good, Apple kinda way.

2. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I bet there's a lot of disappointment. Some people already have their hearts set on certain things and many are bound to have theirs broken when they don't materialize.

I'm sure there will be a few pleasant surprises too though, but you won't know it from all the whiners who didn't get a 4.3 inch screen, LTE, DSLR camera built in, etc.

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

With Apple taking the additional time to release this one (and after seeing what some of the competitors are releasing), it's already clear that most people are expecting the world from the iPhone 5... and those expectations are only growing every day that it's not announced.

For me, I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever they announce since I currently don't have an iPhone. I was ready to buy one around last Christmas, but then both the Verizon and white iPhone rumors started, so I thought I'd wait a little extra... before I knew it, May (and their usual announcement) was around the corner, so I waited some more.

At this point, I'm sure I'll be incredibly satisfied of the upgrade from my current phone... for me, the question will be if I'm glad I waited the extra year to get an iPhone.

4. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

According to all these recent rumors, I've been pretty disappointed. I was getting SO excited about having a newly designed, beautiful 3.7-4" iPhone, and it looks like all we are getting is going to be a souped up almost 1.5 year old design.

I loved the iPhone 4, but i'm sick of it.

----------

Did you even see what you just said? A dSLR? You know that in order to be a dSLR, it has to have a detachable lens right?

5. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I think it will be about what I expected, but I chose jaw-dropper because anything Apple comes out with is always nice. It sure will NOT be a step backwards.

6. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Maybe not a step backwards, more like a small stumble forward if all they upgrade is RAM/PROCESSOR/CAMERA MP.

They better have a new design or one DAMN good new feature to keep me around.

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Beside the usual processor, ram, camera upgrades. Larger screen and led notification light is what I hope for in the next phone. I'm tired of hearing "thinner and lighter" during these announcements.

8. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

True, I could care less about thinner and lighter. How about "More ergonomic, and not awkward to hold against your face"?

9. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

haha that made me laugh.

10. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Thank you Captain Obvious.

11. cinek macrumors 6502

was hoping for a larger screen, looking at the current rumors that's not going to happen

12. sulpfiction thread starter macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I don't know why, but every time I hear this expression it makes me laugh. So...bahahahaha

13. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

im almost to the point of who cares since there has been no announcement whatsoever. now im not one of those posters who is gonna threaten to go over to android or windows phone, because we all know what a terrible idea that would be, but i will be very disappointed in apple. i love their products so i really hope they dont let everyone down.

14. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Which recent rumor is pointing to a souped up 1.5 year old design?

15. jonrando macrumors 6502a

Not really sure what to expect. Apart of me sees lots of people dissappointed, while another part of me sees huge changes and lots of happy people.

Guess we'll just have to see.

16. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I didn't vote, because the two choices were extreme at each end of the spectrum.

The next iPhone is sure to be a nice model, but I don't think it will be anything that exciting. Apple or any company for that matter, cannot have one huge success after the other. They've already caved, and decided to offer another small screened model.

The really big advancement in this upcoming iPhone will be the antenna. After they hired the new Antenna engineers last year, so as not to repeat the same mistake, I'm confident this one will make calls just fine.

Modern smartphones today have 4", 4.3" or 4.5" displays. It's time for Apple to get with the program. However by staying with the same old thing, they make so much more money. Even a .2" increase to 3.7" is a joke.

But they do know that the leverage and influence they have, will allow them to sell anything they package in an Apple box. And in massive quantities. Apples marketing is the best in the world. It's very admirable.

I think the next big improvement in phones, will be the iPhone 6.

17. sulpfiction thread starter macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Just about EVERY rumor over the last 3 weeks has pointed EXACTLY to a "souped up 1.5 year" old design (give or take a few months). All we have been seeing is misc. parts, chassis, front & back covers, side banding that is all suggesting that the next gen iPhone will be an exact duplicate of iPhone 4...At least on the outside. Now, people are very hopeful that what we have been seeing is all for the lower end "4S" phone that is rumored to be launched along side another more advanced and redesigned model (aka iPhone 5). BUT there is absolutely NOTHING at all in the way of leaks, pictures (with the exception of the icon leak today that looks promising), parts, chassis, etc. to say that a "cooler" iPhone 5 even exists. We are ALL very hopeful, but if you are going on supposed leaks alone, you would have to say we are getting a souped up iPhone 4.

*- Just for the record, I can say with almost certainty that we are NOT getting a souped up iPhone 4. I am just going from rumors and leaks alone. It's only a matter of time before more rumors, pictures, etc. of "iPhone 5" start showing up. And it started today with that stupid, meaningless, little icon that I love so much. But until then, all we have is another iPhone 4.

----------

Poll is dead even at 50/50. Interesting. Keep voting!