Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ceej

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2011
Northeast United States
He indicated it was on 5 computers he apparently supports. You should just admityou misread his post, did not understand the issue, and move on.

Read it, unfortunately, correctly.

----------

Huh? I did not say everyone on of my computers. I pointed to an article that shows you that it is a "legit" error. You previously posted that this problem did not sound legit.

No, I said you saying the same thing happening on all 5 of your computers is exaggerated and probably a lie.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Are you guys now saying that the report about a presumed "Active Directory bug" is "legit" but the previous report that a user's "5 Mac's" are useless is "illegit"?
All I'm saying is there's seems to be some credence with regards to a bug with AD, given that TAUW story, that's all.

Personally I don't directly work with AD with my macs so I have no first hand knowledge.

wafl iron

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

ceej said:
He indicated it was on 5 computers he apparently supports. You should just admityou misread his post, did not understand the issue, and move on.

----------

Huh? I did not say everyone on of my computers. I pointed to an article that shows you that it is a "legit" error. You previously posted that this problem did not sound legit.

No, I said you saying the same thing happening on all 5 of your computers is exaggerated and probably a lie.

lol cmon now

jus give up

dackman

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2011
I'm just praying that they've fixed the bug that makes the .DS_Store files go corrupt at random times. I'm sick of my windows opening in different places, at the wrong size, with the icons rearranged and background pictures deleted. I don't care about iCloud and all this new stuff. I want the basics fixed so that Lion can become useable.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I haven't run into that bug, either in 10.7.0 or 10.7.2 So far for my usage everything appears to function as it did in SL. Icons/windows remain where I placed them

jsumner86

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2011

----------

Not to burst your bubble, but I'm also having the AD issue with Lion 10.7.1, on 25 individually set up mac pros. I have another 35 mixture of mac pros, imacs and macbook airs with 10.6 that do not have the issue.

You say having the same problem on more than one mac is unlikely, but I'm not sure where your logic is on that one. If there is a bug present in the OS, it's present in every instance of that OS. There is a bug in the AD plugin on 10.7.1. This means the bug is present on every instance of 10.7.1. It may not always reveal itself due to differing setups, but it's there.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

jsumner86

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2011
I wish they would stop working on iCloud and fix existing issues first

I have 5 Mac's that are useless at the moment until the Active Directory bug is fixed, and 5 Mac fanboys nagging me for these machines

end rant.

Ditto, except in my case, it's 25 rather than 5. When we ordered these machines, I requested 10.6 for this very reason (I knew apple would screw up on something during their initial releases). For various reasons, they still came with lion. I now have to deal with this issue and get these working asap. I'm hoping apple will hurry up with a fix, otherwise, save finding a quick and nasty hack to solve the issue, I'll have to downgrade all of these to 10.6.

Of course, apple will fix issues with the consumer market first, and leave the corporate sector until last. Always the way, due to our supposedly more "unusual" setups.

jsumner86

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2011
I'm using deploy studio to image all of my 10.7 machines with 10.6 as we speak. I'm actually taking some kind of perverse satisfaction out of doing so as well. I'll probably see Lion at some point again in about a years time, but for now, good riddance to it - I haven't got time to wait for a fix that may or may not come in the next update, and am irritated with apples silence on these kind of issues.

/rant

And breathe...

Riemann Zeta

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8L1)

Build 11C55 is certainly better than the Lion GM build (some bugs have been addressed and it feels faster). Sadly, however, there is no way of disabling Autosave, so Preview still overwrites files without user consent, causing data loss.

If Apple had not added such an absurd "feature" and then made it mandatory, Lion would be fine.

sidewinder

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2008
Northern California
If Apple had not added such an absurd "feature" and then made it mandatory, Lion would be fine.

It's not mandatory. It's up to the application developer to choose to implement the feature or not.

It fairly simple to use though. Get the document the way you like it and hit "Cmd-S". Then, any changes you make are easily reversible no matter the state of the document when you quit the application.

Learn to take advantage of the "feature" and maybe you wouldn't ignorantly bash it.

Scott

Failurbydesign

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
CA

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-12 at 6.36.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-12 at 6.36.15 PM.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 125

marfape

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8L1)

Build 11C55 is certainly better than the Lion GM build (some bugs have been addressed and it feels faster). Sadly, however, there is no way of disabling Autosave, so Preview still overwrites files without user consent, causing data loss.

Thanks for your info. And, what about the battery problems?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I don't think apple is making any "improvements" with 10.7.2 but dealing with the myriad of bugs that are present. This makes sense since they don't want to introduce any new problems before clearing up the old problems.

Atarikid

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
All I will say about 10.7.2. is speed. Noticeable speed.

According Xbench the latest 10.7.2 beta 11c55 (released today) is even slower (about 10%) compared to 10.7.1
The Quartz-graphics test are almost the same as 10.7.1 but UI test is about 5% slower.

So tests clearly shows 10.7.2 11C55 is slower compared to 10.7.1 - that is not good.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
According Xbench the latest 10.7.2 beta 11c55 (released today) is even slower (about 10%) compared to 10.7.1
The Quartz-graphics test are almost the same as 10.7.1 but UI test is about 5% slower.

So tests clearly shows 10.7.2 11C55 is slower compared to 10.7.1 - that is not good.

XBench is out-of-date, however. It would be better to have something like Macworld's SpeedMark.

MattRK

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2011
Which doesn't sound legit.

I would also like to confirm that AD integration in 10.7 is broken. I have 4 broken machines and 4 others that i've rolled back to 10.6 for this very reason. All showing the same symptoms.

Also, if you'd search these very forums you'd see the problem is real. No need to be rude about it.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm not sure if it was the latest 10.7.2 or being oblivious but it seems the spinning beach ball has changed to a blue beach ball and it looks slightly smaller.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.