Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcgullett

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
I am currently running the public TVOS 12 beta released and I am experiencing one particular glitch and I am curious if anyone else has encountered this as well. While watching a Netflix show or movie, the screen will go black and show the spinning progress symbol on the screen. No matter how long I wait, it remains until I back out of what I am watching by pressing menu and resuming the show. Anyone had this issue?

LinkinJunior

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2008
Only glitch i noticed with the latest beta is the album art in apple music suddenly turned all green with distortion.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I am currently running the public TVOS 12 beta released and I am experiencing one particular glitch and I am curious if anyone else has encountered this as well.
It's fine to ask whether anyone else has seen the same problem, but as a beta tester you should also feel obligated to report this to Apple. Whether anyone else sees similar problems is irrelevant.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Ya man, let Apple compile the info, and if it only happens to you 1 person they will ignore it, otherwise in their next fix-list.

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014
I am currently running the public TVOS 12 beta released and I am experiencing one particular glitch and I am curious if anyone else has encountered this as well. While watching a Netflix show or movie, the screen will go black and show the spinning progress symbol on the screen. No matter how long I wait, it remains until I back out of what I am watching by pressing menu and resuming the show. Anyone had this issue?

I think this is an issue with the latest Netflix update, not the TVOS beta. It started happening to me about a week ago and I’m not on the beta.

Reactions: jm010

Naiera

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2017
Denmark
Thank you very much for the replies, guys. Saves me from having to do some heavy troubleshooting on my setup, which has many cables, switches and scalers ;)

msnow

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2018
SoCal
In addition to the audio drops I’ve noticed “Check Cable” setting not only takes a long time to run but gives false and inconsistent results.
BTW, I’ve done reset and update 3 times and that doesn’t fix either of these issues. Only possible fix will be the next beta.

Naiera

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2017
Denmark
Pretty severe issue to introduce with an update.

Hulu had an update the other day that made 24Hz go out of sync, like iTunes stuff and such. AFAIK only Netflix is left with working 24Hz compatibility. It hasn't been a great week for the Apple TV 4K!

msnow

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2018
SoCal
Pretty severe issue to introduce with an update.

Hulu had an update the other day that made 24Hz go out of sync, like iTunes stuff and such. AFAIK only Netflix is left with working 24Hz compatibility. It hasn't been a great week for the Apple TV 4K!
I can live with it for 9 days. I’ve reported these two issues in the bug reporter and I’m sure others have too.

Reactions: Naiera

msnow

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2018
SoCal
Why nine days?
I'm in the dev program and the beta release schedule has been following a two week interval between betas so I'm guessing that's when the next dev beta will be seeded followed the next day, usually, by the public beta. Just guessing though.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
After a Netflix crash, Developer settings showed up lol

Attachments

• D313AD1D-2CB0-48B9-A4A8-CDE2ABB12FBF.jpeg
    D313AD1D-2CB0-48B9-A4A8-CDE2ABB12FBF.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 307

roidy

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2008
Nottingham, UK
It's a device-breaking issue. They have to.

It's also a beta so no they don't have to fix it until the final release if they don't want to. If the beta cycle is 9 days as suggested then they may not have time to fix it until the beta after that one, assuming someone at apple even knows what they broke to begin with :D

DoctorFedora

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
Oh hey, good to hear I’m not the only one for whom the audio cuts out. It’s about a second or two, every ten to twenty minutes for others, right?

Naiera

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2017
Denmark
I watched an episode of Archer (Netflix) and an episode of The Unit (Hulu) and did not "suffer" a single audio dropout. 24Hz on Hulu seems to have been fixed as well o_O

Saudumm

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2015
Oh hey, good to hear I’m not the only one for whom the audio cuts out. It’s about a second or two, every ten to twenty minutes for others, right?
Thank god, I thought that it's my TV's fault. The latest DevBeta does not solve this problem, so I guess we will have to wait another two weeks. :(

roidy

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2008
Nottingham, UK
Yep, unfortunately as Saudumm says the new beta still has audio drop out issues. I've also notice that it's not just video playback that's affected, I also get drop out in the menu sounds, can anyone else confirm?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.